Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

please be honest.... what do you think?

Posted by   + Show Post

so my son just turned 3, and has long hair, we love it, but he is ALWAYS being called a girl, we never put him in nutral clothing, but it never fail, it is always she is so cute, or you got 3 pretty girls, aweee look at her, my 2 girls are 6 almost 6, and 8, and they dont think twice with sayind he is a boy, i just let it go and carry on with what I am doing with a quick thanks, or a simple oh he is a boy, but it is gettin so old, I dont really want to cut it, but I am leaning that way, what would you do?

this is one from a year ago, but i really like it

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Replies (41-50):
HIJKLM
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Awe that sucks. My DD had very long hair and wanted bangs about 3 years ago. We took her to get a trim and bangs and they cut off like 8 inches. I was soooo mad! But it's just hair I guess, it grows back =\

Quoting m_d7221:

yea I really wish I could make them grow all the way out lol in time I know, but we were so upset when she cut them like that, I mean he had a few before she cut, but it was justh te baby hair that was still coming threw

Quoting HIJKLM:

To be honest I would think girl. My youngest loved boy clothes at that age so the clothes wouldn't really sway my judgement. Although I'd probably say "kid" or "baby" just to be safe. I think it's the bangs that really makes me think girl.

If I were you I'd leave it unless he is bothered by being called a girl though.

m_d7221
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:56 PM

I swear that was mine and his dads debate, was should we cut it, and if we do, it will just be for now, and when he is 5 or so let it be long, I just hate to cut it as I cant pictue him wih med or short hair

Quoting adt87:

Maybe cut it now but let it grow out again when he's older and has a more boyish face?? He's very cute but I thought it was a girl before I read the post.

morrigan914
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this
My little brother had Sherly Temple curls and my grandma refused to let anyone cut them. At 5-fish he was in a bank when someone called him a cute girl and he was so sick of it he pulled his pants down in the middle of the bank and yelled, "I'm not a girl I'm a boy, see!!"
m_d7221
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:59 PM

my girls both just got 7 in cut off, they wanted to do locks of love, so we broke down and let them, (we didnt want them getting it cut that much till they were old enough to fully get it takes time to grow back, they are 5 and just turnd 8) then I found out it had to be 10, so now we hace 7 in of hair for nothing, I was so so so mad, I called and they refunded it, but really what did that help?

Quoting HIJKLM:

Awe that sucks. My DD had very long hair and wanted bangs about 3 years ago. We took her to get a trim and bangs and they cut off like 8 inches. I was soooo mad! But it's just hair I guess, it grows back =\

Quoting m_d7221:

yea I really wish I could make them grow all the way out lol in time I know, but we were so upset when she cut them like that, I mean he had a few before she cut, but it was justh te baby hair that was still coming threw

Quoting HIJKLM:

To be honest I would think girl. My youngest loved boy clothes at that age so the clothes wouldn't really sway my judgement. Although I'd probably say "kid" or "baby" just to be safe. I think it's the bangs that really makes me think girl.

lenashark
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Being honest, I looked at the pictures before I read it and thought he was a girl. I would cut it. 

mamiof4monsters
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Long hair is for girls jmo my son will never have long hair
adt87
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Quoting m_d7221:

I swear that was mine and his dads debate, was should we cut it, and if we do, it will just be for now, and when he is 5 or so let it be long, I just hate to cut it as I cant pictue him wih med or short hair

Quoting adt87:Maybe cut it now but let it grow out again when he's older and has a more boyish face?? He's very cute but I thought it was a girl before I read the post.

Just have fun with and do a mohawk or fohawk (sp?) Idk I'm just throwing ideas out there :)
NewMamaBoo
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 12:03 AM

I'd cut it personally

m_d7221
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 12:03 AM

that made me laugh so hard, lol, if he ever wants it cut that is ok, but I know I get tired of it now, and so does his sisters, my 8 yr old said to me, I know bubba has long hair but why do people think he is a girl in all boy stuff, lol I just say I m not to sure what they were thinking.

Quoting morrigan914:

My little brother had Sherly Temple curls and my grandma refused to let anyone cut them. At 5-fish he was in a bank when someone called him a cute girl and he was so sick of it he pulled his pants down in the middle of the bank and yelled, "I'm not a girl I'm a boy, see!!"

HIJKLM
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 12:04 AM
:( that sucks but very sweet of them. DH is growing out his hair to donate when it's long enough.

Quoting m_d7221:

my girls both just got 7 in cut off, they wanted to do locks of love, so we broke down and let them, (we didnt want them getting it cut that much till they were old enough to fully get it takes time to grow back, they are 5 and just turnd 8) then I found out it had to be 10, so now we hace 7 in of hair for nothing, I was so so so mad, I called and they refunded it, but really what did that help?

Quoting HIJKLM:

Quoting m_d7221:

Quoting HIJKLM:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)