Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

please be honest.... what do you think?

Posted by   + Show Post

so my son just turned 3, and has long hair, we love it, but he is ALWAYS being called a girl, we never put him in nutral clothing, but it never fail, it is always she is so cute, or you got 3 pretty girls, aweee look at her, my 2 girls are 6 almost 6, and 8, and they dont think twice with sayind he is a boy, i just let it go and carry on with what I am doing with a quick thanks, or a simple oh he is a boy, but it is gettin so old, I dont really want to cut it, but I am leaning that way, what would you do?

this is one from a year ago, but i really like it

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Replies (591-600):
YunaloveJay
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Seriously people just don't look at them correctly way. People call my son like that too.. I don't think your son's hair is that long. He is very cute. Don't let it go longer though.
Tay1977
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I see nothing wrong with his hair. Keep the eands clip and he will be fine. I know plenty of moms who will not cut their boys hair until it gets to the point of them not taken care of it. If you are fine with it then let it be. You can also wait til he comes to you and ask for his hair to be cut. 

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:37 PM

he has a twin sister...and it's his decision to keep his hair long....and my daughter wouldnt be caught dead in a tee shirt and jeans

Quoting MidwestMama55:

Interesting. Maybe you secretly wanted a girl? Cause that does not look like a boy, not even a little.

Quoting shivasgirl:

his is to the middle of his back, but it's to his butt crack when wet and straight

Quoting m_d7221:

aweee none of my kids got curly hair, I wish, man by 8 i think my sons would b to his feet, lol it grows pretty good

Quoting shivasgirl:

my son is 8 and has never had a hair cut...do what makes you happy until he can decide for himself...he is adorable

ACsMommie
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:10 AM

He's super cute.  I wouldn't cut it if you like it, but I'd think about growing out the bangs.  The bangs make his hair look like more of a "girl style"  if it was just long (like as if he hadn't had a haircut... or like a little skater style) you probably wouldn't get the comments.

Either way, you should do what he likes/ you like.  My son (7) has long dreadlocks down his back.  He wears an elastic headband to keep them out of his face.  He still get's the occasional "oh she's such a smart girl" or whatever.  He just says "I'm a boy." and keeps it moving.

momof3boys14
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:13 AM

he is cute but id get it cut he is getting to big for long hair and he is so pretty he does resemble a girl even with the hat and clothes

Momsold
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:16 AM

You are asking a 'room' full of 'boys wear blue, girls wear pink and that's that' people.

DO what YOU want with your child and screw anyone who says different.

He has fantastic blue eyes. 

TheColorOfBlood
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:14 PM
I would quit cutting his bangs and pull it back yo a pony tail. Lots of men gave long hair. The most of them for inheratance reasons. Some for culteral. But if you wish for him to be recognized for his gender. I would focus on a traditional boy long hair cut. I unfortunately was forced by the school system to cut my sons. Who has thr most gorgeous dirty blonde. So I settled for long on top and short at the neck. I can still run my fingers through it and it still falls down the side of his face. But short enough at the neck to saticfy the school. And actually because of his age. A lot nicer to mantain.

Quoting m_d7221:

so my son just turned 3, and has long hair, we love it, but he is ALWAYS being called a girl, we never put him in nutral clothing, but it never fail, it is always she is so cute, or you got 3 pretty girls, aweee look at her, my 2 girls are 6 almost 6, and 8, and they dont think twice with sayind he is a boy, i just let it go and carry on with what I am doing with a quick thanks, or a simple oh he is a boy, but it is gettin so old, I dont really want to cut it, but I am leaning that way, what would you do?

this is one from a year ago, but i really like it

amaroq3
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Mobile Photo

My husband is Native Amarican as are my step sons. They are into sports, have friends and don't get bullied for their long hair. They are 7 and 8. Most of the time when people get confused we let them know. Only once has some old guy told them where the right bathroom was and my youngest told him, no I am a boy. They are learning to stick up for themselves and each other.
lageise
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Is there some reason you keep it long?  Your older son has short hair, so why not the younger one?  I'm sorry, but I do think he looks very girlish.

sweet6pea
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I think it would be better if you had 2 inches cut off.  His hair  would still be on the longer side for a boy. Your Son IS adorable!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)