Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Christmas...what are you getting your kids?!

I know for some it's early but I'd like to get it all done and wrapped by thanksgiving! December is SUCH a busy month for us. I'd like to not have to deal with it. Lol

But I don't really know what to get my girls. I have some ideas but not much. We were going to get a puppy but decided now isn't the time...our youngest is just starting to crawl...and we're about to build a new house..plus our lives are in busy and crazy. We're thinking next Christmas :)

So since we dropped that idea I have alot more room to work with. Lol a puppy to me is a pretty big gift that keeps on giving! :P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Replies (31-40):
4everJs
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Not sure on everything yet.

I plan to get my 5 year old son the Ninja Turtle Lair for his action figures. Also, the Skylanders starter pack for 3DS (he has the one for wii u already). Probably some skylanders action figures on the side. Also, some games for his 3DS and wii u. His birthday is 2 days later so it's hard to come up with things.

My 11 year old son I am getting him an Apple TV for his room (we have one in our room and he asked if he could have one). He will probably get some games for the PS4 we are getting next month and some action figures. Maybe a pair of Jordans, some Nike Elite Socks, shorts, and shirts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Yeah, if you have not had a puppy in a while it is easy to forget what having a puppy is like. My daughter did not believe me until it happened. As far the shopping, i just can't stand the crowds and how hectic it gets. So its just for my sanity.

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Ah yikes...that kinda makes me glad we decided against a puppy lol. We have stuff on the flora all the time! Toys everywhere :P I'm sure the loss of the camera will be a good reminder!

I tried to, but all we got were airplanes my husband found. My girls love planes since my husband flys recreationally. I just always wait until last minute but this years going to go way differently! Lol

Quoting KyliesMom5:

I shop through out the year so I pick things up whenever I see a good deal. I'm thinking about getting my daughter another camera since our dog chewed hers up (she left it on the floor) but I want to be sure she will take better care of it. 

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

We're doing 2 movies each...lol I do know that much at least! Maybe 3 if we can get more good deals (we joined the Disney movie club a few months ago lol)

Quoting KyliesMom5:

My daughter is getting a bunch of Cd's, movies, and several one direction items. She is getting some barbies, some games and i have not decided what her big gift will be.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 12:59 PM
My 17 yr old dd is getting a kindle my DD 10 is getting a DS along with my DS 6. My DS 10 already has one so we are un decided with him at this point. Those are santa gifts.
lilblu399
by Tamika on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:09 PM
The kids are getting their own computer, my son us getting minecraft installed on it and some toddler games for my daughter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HelloSweetie
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:21 PM

A couple more dress up items, a nice trunk to keep them in, Minecraft stuff, Im not sure all of it. Im having a baby around Xmas too

fudgybuddymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:50 PM

She is getting an android phone,some ONE DIRECTION stuff & so far that's all I can think of. It won't be as much as she wants since I don't have a lot of money this year.

-Teeter-Totter-
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this
DS (3 1/2 ) is getting a micro machines van city and I'm making him some wooden animal figurines.

DD (2) is getting a little cabbage patch travel case with mini doll, and some wooden stackers from her daddy.

We get then one store bought (well-off of eBay this year) and one homemade gift each.

For Christmas Eve we all get a book and pair of pajamies :)

Stockings are one treat and restock of bubbles, chalk, fingerpaints, etc.

We keep a $100 limit on Christmas and get creative...saves the hassle and money worries :D
Alana1303
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Dd is 21/2. So far she will be getting some books ( her favorite thing), an abc floor puzzle, a cash register, a train and track, Disney princesses and the new play set with horses ( can't remember the name now), a new baby doll, new play food for her kitchen, colorwonder sets and some big tonka trucks. She's a tomboy at heart!
sheramom4
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:26 PM

DS I have no idea. He is 18.

oldest DD pitch perfect special edition so far, a digital camera, unicorn t-shirts and combat boots. She is almost 15. And Evita tickets for her birthday right after Christmas. That is what I know so far.

middle DD Lego masters building kit, heart to heart doll,  monster high stuff...not sure what else

youngest DD stuff for her Our generation doll, another our generation doll, Lego friends high school set....no idea what else. 

I am usually further along by now but we just moved and I didn't want to have to move gifts. My son is the tough one this year. 

jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Right now he's getting a chuck race track, 2 DVDs, 2 leapfrog books. I think I'm going to add a new art table, an imaginext dinosaur and some puzzles as well. We will see though depending on what sales there are for Black Friday.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)