Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Should a server's sexual orientation should matter even if it's against your religion?

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:47 AM
  • 14 Replies

Gay Waiter Gets Despicable Note From 'Christian' Customers

by Kiri Blakeley

Food servers certainly never know what they're going to get when they go to collect their bill and see whether or not they've gotten a tip. Some servers end up with fabulous customers who leave enormous tips and beautiful notes. Others, however, end up with customers from hell. Like the one who told a waitress to "stop eating bitch." Some, like the waitress who got a racist note AND a $10,000 tip, get the best and worst of both worlds. Now we have a couple of religious customers who give religion a bad name. They reportedly left a note on their bill for a homosexual server that is so vile these people should never be allowed in a restaurant again.

The 20-year-old unidentified server at a Carrabba's Italian Grill in Overland Park, Kansas retrieved his bill and found this message on the back of it:

Thank you for your service, it was excellent. That being said, we cannot in good conscience tip you, for your homosexual lifestyle is an affront to GOD. [Homosexual slur] do not share in the wealth of GOD, and you will not share in ours. We hope you will see the tip your [homosexual slur] choices made you lose out on, and plan accordingly. It is never too late for GOD's love, but none shall be spared for [homosexual slur]. May GOD have mercy on you.

No, may God have mercy on YOU, doucheholes! If these asswipes had such a problem with a gay waiter, then why not leave BEFORE this person worked hard and provided them with "excellent" service?

Ugh, I bet this server is really wishing he could have dumped their Nonna Testa right on their goopy, embittered faces.

And how exactly did they know this server was even gay? Are these imbeciles equipped with some kind of supersonic gaydar?

The community rallied around the server and customers have been coming in and specifically asking to be seated in the server's section. "We are here to meet your celebrity," a couple who came in recently told the hostess, who happens to be the server's mother.

For his part, the server is appreciative but prefers not to be famous. He released a statement saying:

The offers to help pay me back are much appreciated, but not at all needed. I’d prefer to let my work ethic and my service do the talking, nothing else.

Everyone's actions do the talking. The waiter's actions say "hard-working, proud, polite." The customers'? Theirs say "bigoted people who hide hatred and cheapness behind God."

Let's hope that someone leaves this waiter the $10,000 tip he rightly deserves.

Do you think a server's sexual orientation should matter even if it's against your religion?

by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IhartU
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

If you believe being gay is wrong, then believe it but why do you have to make an issue out of you not agreeing with it? Are you that starved for attention?

Tootiex3
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
What difference does he being gay make? You top based on service..not his sexual orientation. If he brought you your food on time, hot, and made sure you had everything you needed..who cares if he shash sayed when he walked? And last time I checked..Christians aren't suppose to judge!! Yet..for some reason they do. Tisk Tisk. I'm not gay, lesbian, bi, etc. it's not for me, so for me, I'm against it. For everyone else, as long as they are happy, I'm happy for them. If they want to marry someone of the same sex..I'll be at the wedding. And I'm not going to judge anyone either. I will not determine who goes to Heaven and who doesn't..why?, it's not my job, I'm not God.
Osstie
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:10 AM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

That is no christian. Jesus would be like whaaat?

CBMMOM
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Obviously,they were wrong,but I don't see how the waiter deserves a $10,000 tip.

EmilyH87
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

It should never matter. If a waiter or waitress provides you with good service, you tip them. Heck, even if they aren't that good I still tip the bare minimum. And people that do this crap claiming it's in the name of "God's love" are just using it as an excuse to be jerks. If you really do have a problem, ask for another server. Don't let someone do their best to please you just to stiff them in the end. 

Hadadat
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:03 PM

No sexual orientation shouldn't matter.

Mater-three
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:11 PM
2 moms liked this
I have served for years. My last job with several homosexuals. We live right in the bible belt so they got hate notes and stuff like that all the time. The humourous thing is they would call over our gm to complain and the ladies would often flirt with him. He is an attractive man and very manlike(for lack of a better word). So these people would be going off about the homosexual servers and my boss would ask them if they had specific complaints about the service or food quality. Most of the time the answer was no. And, my boss would then say well thank you for coming in but I really need to call my boyfriend and see if he needs..(whatever). My gm has been with the same man for over 20 yrs. People are ridiculous. No one would know that S was homosexual unless they knew him personally. I bet these people have more homosexuals wait on them than they think they do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cupomeow
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:13 PM
This has been discussed on kc radio stations and news forums so I am not sure where I heard/read this but someone made the point that if they were truly offended, they should have left as soon as they realized or made assumption that he was gay. I agree. Obviously their hankering for Italian food overrode their beliefs. They used his sexual orientation as an excuse to be judgmental and cheap.
MotherOfBee
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Wow! Was that even necessary? If they are against it, they could have just left without tipping. Smh.

I once knew someone that didn't want a gay waiter because he might "contaminate the food with a gay disease". Ignorance at it's finest...

Its.me.Sam.
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:15 PM

people are fucking ridiculous.  they shoudl be ashamed of themselves.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)