Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

This is horrible! (Warning: may contain TMI)

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 12:57 PM
  • 15 Replies

The date of my last menstrual cycle was 09/22/2013 and I seem to get my period every 30 days. My husband and I were intimate while I was ovulating, and my period is MIA when it should have been here 6 days ago. On the 22nd of OCTOBER when I was supposed to get my period again, I instead had 3 days of what looked to be ‘old blood' since it was brown in color. (It was also VERY light in flow, not even enough to require a panty liner.) I've taken a few dollar store tests, all of which came back negative, including the one I took this morning.

When I was pregnant with my daughter over 6 years ago I had horrible morning sickness but that was it, and my second pregnancy which resulted in a miscarriage 18 months ago didn't make me even the slightest bit sick, but my breasts were very tender.

Right now I feel sick all of the time, like I may puke, I'm more exhausted than I've EVER been, my uterus keeps feeling like it is contracting or something along those lines and I have been extremely emotional and hormonal which is not like me at all. All of these symptoms started 2-3 weeks ago, but I do not have the tender breasts.

I know most of you are going to suggest I go to the doctor for conformation and/or a blood test, but I do not have health insurance which eliminates that avenue. (I HAD insurance three weeks ago when this all started & went to my family doctor who ordered extensive blood work after my in-office urine test came back negative just to rule out any other possibilities, but he did not order a blood test.) I have always been VERY in tune with my body and I feel like something is really off.

What do you ladies suggest? The ‘not knowing' part really bothers me. Has anyone else ever had this problem, and if so, would you be willing to share your story with me? Also, any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:35 PM

It certainly does sound like you might be pregnant, given all that you've described. Maybe you could go to the health department or other clinic to get another test done? If you really feel like something is off, it's better to go and find out than sit around making yourself sick with worry.

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

daydreamer3
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Are there any free clinics in your area? 

If not, you could wait a week or two and take another test. Buy an early detection test, one that's digital and test again. 

Momsold
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:51 PM

You dance under the last full moon of January.  If the moon falls out of the sky, you're pregnant.  If, however, you suddenly find yourself wearing a dollar store hula skirt, you're not pregnant.

We aren't doctors...go to an Urgent Care.

goddiddlyumshis
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Go to a ionic, planned parenthood, a VNA... Something
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CarlyEliz
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Where i lived when i found out i was pregnant there was a place you could go and get a ultrasound to confirm if you were pregnant or not that place was called CareNet. Try to find out if there is a place like that near you?
jennkrzyz
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Maybe planned parenthood?
lesalmi
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Planned Parenthood is free for people with no health insurance
i.love.my.life
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Try buying a First Response test instead of a dollar store test.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
javakitty2011
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:03 PM

didn't you post this before? Call your county health department. take a home pregnancy test. Your cycles can change from your regular amount of days and it just may be off

RADmomma
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:03 PM
I didn't get a positive test until 9 weeks with my first.

Try testing again in a few days with first urine
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)