Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I feel horrible. Need advice please PIOG

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:50 PM
  • 13 Replies

So a couple weeks ago me and my boyfriend froke up after him playing nothing but mind and emotional games and ling to me even when i confronted him about the truth. We tried to remain friends but then i found out just a couple days after we broke up and he got his own place that he had a new girlfriend after he told me he wanted to be alone for awhile and didnt want to be with anyone and that after some time apart we would get back together. I started to wonder if he was cheating on me with this new girl because of how fast they started dating. Fast forward to last friday when i found out he had another girlfriend i was upset i couldnt understand how he could move on so fast. I'm not one to hurt people and i hate when people are mad at me and i'm always trying to fix things. So last week while my EX was in the hospital getting 4 stitches out of his head from getting hit with a ball at a softball game i went a repossessed the car he was driving. the title, insurance and registration are in my name and he doesnt have a license. Him and his aunt tried to report it stolen but the cop said there was nothing they could do because legaly the car was mine. So he started to send me threatening text messages demanding i bring him back the car or hes going to have some people after me and my family. I still wouldnt budge and left it alone. Later than night he told me he had another car already and he called off his boys. I dont understand how he got another car so fast when he didnt have the money. But now i feel bad for taking the car because he hates me and is pissed at me but i dont want to give him the car back either because if something happens then i'm liable. Also when i got the car he was driving around with no insurance or registration in the car. I feel bad because i hurt him even though he hurt me with all of his lies and head games he played. I gave the car to a friend of mine and she will pay me for it when they have the money because the really needed another car but i still feel horrible. I know i cant fix what i did and part of me knows he deserved it after everything he did to me and my kids and the abuse my dog went through because of him. How do i get over feeling bad or guilty for taking a car that legal belong to me?? Any advice would be great thanks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
avonleafan
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 1:57 PM
You weren't wrong.
jenking04
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Quoting avonleafan:

You weren't wrong.

I didnt think i was wrong i think he deserved what i did maybe he will learn to not play around with peoples emotions and feelings the way he did with me. But i still feel kind of bad in a way i guess

KayBeCareful
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Congrats on getting rid of that LOSER.  Be happy that you learned this quickly what a pathetic excuse for a human he is. 

In short, he cheated on you, you can be sure of that.  

He tried to steal your car and thought he was going to get away with it since he obviously considers you to be a doormat.

You let him drive your car when he doesn't even have a license???  OMG.  What were you thinking???

He ABUSED an innocent animal and you let him get away with that.

He threatened you and your whole family. You have texts to that effect and you apparently haven't reported that to the police as you should. 

You are well rid of that pos and you will get over feeling guilty about "hurting" him.  You didn't hurt him at all. I seriously doubt that he cared enough about you for you to be able to hurt him.

He already has a new gf to abuse and take advantage of and play games with. He has another car, probably from her.  I just hope she doesn't have any pets. 

Think about these things objectively. What would you tell any friend of yours who was treated so badly?  To dump the loser, right? 

You did the right thing. Stick to your guns. Get your head straight and realize that you deserve better than what you got from him and DEMAND respectful treatment from the men in your life from now on. 

Good luck. 

Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:08 PM
You weren't wrong. The car was in your name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenking04
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Quoting KayBeCareful:

Congrats on getting rid of that LOSER.  Be happy that you learned this quickly what a pathetic excuse for a human he is. 

In short, he cheated on you, you can be sure of that.  

He tried to steal your car and thought he was going to get away with it since he obviously considers you to be a doormat.

You let him drive your car when he doesn't even have a license???  OMG.  What were you thinking???

He ABUSED an innocent animal and you let him get away with that.

He threatened you and your whole family. You have texts to that effect and you apparently haven't reported that to the police as you should. 

You are well rid of that pos and you will get over feeling guilty about "hurting" him.  You didn't hurt him at all. I seriously doubt that he cared enough about you for you to be able to hurt him.

He already has a new gf to abuse and take advantage of and play games with. He has another car, probably from her.  I just hope she doesn't have any pets. 

Think about these things objectively. What would you tell any friend of yours who was treated so badly?  To dump the loser, right? 

You did the right thing. Stick to your guns. Get your head straight and realize that you deserve better than what you got from him and DEMAND respectful treatment from the men in your life from now on. 

Good luck. 

He bought the car off of craigslist but he also owed me money that he wasnt going to pay me part of the reason i went after the car to begin with.

Honestly when i registered the car in my name knowing he didnt have a license i wasnt thinking i think i was blinded by love lol.

I didnt let him get away with abusing my dog. When he picked her up one day and body slammed her for peeing in the house i told him that he was going to hurt her and to stop beating her we fought about it all the time. He said he wasnt hurting her or abusing her he was disiplining her. But now she is afraid of men everytime a guy walks into my apartment she gets realy hyper or she hides from them.

I tried to call the poilice to make a report but they said there was nothing i could do unless he showed up at my door then they could arrest him.

I met a guy the other day and we just sat and talked for hours it was nice to just sit and talk and laugh about stupid things. We both agree that we will take things slow and work on a friendship first and then see where things go from there cause we have both been really hurt in the past. I'm not rushing into anything i'm taking this time for me to figure out my and my life befor i through another relationship into the mix.

jenking04
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:54 AM
BUMP
jenking04
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:09 PM

BUMP!

precious54
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:11 PM

you did the right thing

HIJKLM
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:29 PM
You have nothing to feel guilty about. Him driving your car illegally could get you in trouble and you were able to help out someone who really needs the help.

I wouldn't feel bad for someone who was threatening harm on me anyway. Just let it go. You're lucky to be rid of him.
D.O.E.
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Oh my god

Sweety. You need higher standards.
Dont give back the car.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)