Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

anxiety maybe? need help. it's gotten bad.

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:02 PM
  • 9 Replies
My sister in law has an 8 year old who recently started throwing huge tantrums when she leaves for work. He acts as if she won't return. He's terrified something will happen to her. She works at a restaurant and they let him play outside sometimes while she works. I don't know how often. But he will not stay home with relatives. No one has told him anything to scare him. He will will go to school but as soon as he's home it starts. Im not sure about all the details because she doesn't live near us. I believe she has taken him to the Dr but it hasn't helped and I know it's expensive. I.m looking for advise to send her way
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
OkWolfe
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:04 PM
caligirl7613
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:10 PM
idk 8 seems kinds old to all the sudden have a seperation anxiety attack. usually that stuff starts very young and gets better with age. has someone in his class had a mom or dad who passed away??? that may be the cause..or he may just be acting out just to get his way. i hope everything works out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OkWolfe
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:11 PM
She asked around but nothing.

Quoting caligirl7613:

idk 8 seems kinds old to all the sudden have a seperation anxiety attack. usually that stuff starts very young and gets better with age. has someone in his class had a mom or dad who passed away??? that may be the cause..or he may just be acting out just to get his way. i hope everything works out

OkWolfe
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:05 PM
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Has this been going on for awhile? I'd think this isn't new if it's that severe. 

OkWolfe
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:14 PM
She said he woke up one day acting that way about a month ago

Quoting jconney80:

Has this been going on for awhile? I'd think this isn't new if it's that severe. 

daydreamer3
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Maybe he had a bad dream that something happened to her and now he's afraid to let her out of his sight? 

I'd take him to a therapist. 

OkWolfe
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:50 AM
She has and it hasn't helped
strongforthem
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Honestly, I would be worried about abuse happening when mom is gone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)