Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

men ugh!

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:07 PM
  • 13 Replies
Just irritated. Its like he dont listen he hears what he wants. My dd asked for texting to be put on her.cell for her bday his reply no. He wont listen to me or her about it and throws a huge fit when its brought up. I swear he loves to make her life miserable on her bday. Im so irritated right now i could scream! He claims he wont do it because of kids sexting n yadda yadda. My dd has never kissed a boy she is very reserved why cant he see this and just gtow up? Ugh!!! Sorry i messed to vent before I blew up
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Sorry for typos.
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I'm sorry you're frustrated! How old is she?

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:59 PM
17 today and a great kid. She just got her first job n starts next week. Gets goodl grades and plays basketball. Why cant he see it? He is her step dad thats all I can think of. He dont want to see it... :(

Quoting jconney80:

I'm sorry you're frustrated! How old is she?

taKENheart
by Flovely on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

She's 17???  Yeah, she needs to be able to have text on her phone by now.  You can fix it so that she can't send or receive pics, I believe anyway.  I'd ask him to call your cell provider so he can get the info he needs to make him feel better about it.
He's the step father?  I'd have a difficult time letting him have the final say on the matter.  You don't want to see her turn 18 and rebel because he's being too protective.  She needs to be educated on the fact that once you put something out there in texts or fb posts then it's out there forever.  It takes some time for these kids to understand things like that.
I'm so sorry he's being this difficult with even conversing about it. 

Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I agree with the above post. You have the final say with your daughter, not him.

jennkrzyz
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Wow yeah by 17 she should be allowed some freedom! How does he expect her to learn to be a responsible adult if he doesn't let her learn in doses as a teenager?
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Yes hes the step dad. He pays for everything so its hard to not sit back. Im a sahm. Im in shock, this is the first time he actually walked in the door gave her a big hug n told her happy bday. Talk about shocking me and my dd. Usually he waits till shes in tears. We dont fight ever unless its about her. Its a huge big mess and yes I need therapy or someone to speak to that wont judge me or my family.. *Sigh*

Quoting taKENheart:

She's 17???  Yeah, she needs to be able to have text on her phone by now.  You can fix it so that she can't send or receive pics, I believe anyway.  I'd ask him to call your cell provider so he can get the info he needs to make him feel better about it.
He's the step father?  I'd have a difficult time letting him have the final say on the matter.  You don't want to see her turn 18 and rebel because he's being too protective.  She needs to be educated on the fact that once you put something out there in texts or fb posts then it's out there forever.  It takes some time for these kids to understand things like that.

Tootiex3
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Oh goodness! I was 17 the first time I got pregnant, however miscarried. I had already graduates high school, had an apartment with my now ex husband, and worked a full time job. I wasn't a bad kid, just mature, if I would of had the baby, I would of been fine. If you know she's a great kid and is responsible and open with y'all, I don't see why not. I mean if it's a contract phone he can always parental monitor it via the Web and his phone. Plus
taKENheart
by Flovely on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Ok, I can relate to that on some level.  I have a big mouth though so I still held onto my mom responsibilities for my daughter.  I know it's a tough place to be when you are in between your child and husband.  It's not an easy place to be.
So glad to hear that he is so loving and hugged her today.  You will all be able to get through this.  He probably loves her as his own and wants to protect her like many dads do.  Trust me that sheltering her too much can be a bad thing.  I know and live it.
Good luck on everything.  I know this must be so hard on you.

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

Yes hes the step dad. He pays for everything so its hard to not sit back. Im a sahm. Im in shock, this is the first time he actually walked in the door gave her a big hug n told her happy bday. Talk about shocking me and my dd. Usually he waits till shes in tears. We dont fight ever unless its about her. Its a huge big mess and yes I need therapy or someone to speak to that wont judge me or my family.. *Sigh*

Quoting taKENheart:

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks and he does love her like his own, but he dont have contol of his own so ahe gets double whammy. Its very hard. The hardest ive ever had to do

Quoting taKENheart:

Ok, I can relate to that on some level.  I have a big mouth though so I still held onto my mom responsibilities for my daughter.  I know it's a tough place to be when you are in between your child and husband.  It's not an easy place to be.
So glad to hear that he is so loving and hugged her today.  You will all be able to get through this.  He probably loves her as his own and wants to protect her like many dads do.  Trust me that sheltering her too much can be a bad thing.  I know and live it.
Good luck on everything.  I know this must be so hard on you.

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

Quoting taKENheart:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN