Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

another name post!

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:48 PM
  • 9 Replies
What one do you like better.. Boy Raiden Lawrence or JC Denton Girl Linux Marie or Ada Marie

by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MamaJwlz
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you know the meanings of each name?-> it might change your opinion of them and make the decision easier!

confused

Mrs.Vallo
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I know the meaning of them... Raiden is God Spirit , JC Denton is from a Video Game

Ada is Noble or happy and Linux is an Operating System... We are Geeks at heart.

Quoting MamaJwlz:

Do you know the meanings of each name?-> it might change your opinion of them and make the decision easier!

confused

MamaJwlz
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:11 PM
"Linux" is actually a Greek name, meaning "born to a musical family." The original spelling was Linus but only suitable for a boy. HE taught music to Hercules and Orpheus! All my children have unique names and a lot of people judge them...and nobody can ever please everybody always with what they name their children...someone is ALWAYS going to be chatty about it....what it really comes down to is what the parents want, what YOU feel in your heart. That's how I name my kids. If it doesn't feel right, I don't use it! I know all that crap probably doesn't help...so I'll do what you asked and give my opinion...LOL I like Linux for a boy (I know you have it for a girl but I like it for a boy) and I actually adore the name Ada...so there! Hope it helps!
Quoting Mrs.Vallo:

I know the meaning of them... Raiden is God Spirit , JC Denton is from a Video Game

Ada is Noble or happy and Linux is an Operating System... We are Geeks at heart.

Quoting MamaJwlz:

confused

twicethemomjess
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:12 PM
I like raiden
MamaJwlz
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:12 PM

I want to add tho....My oldest SONS name is Rylee. Which is originally a BOYS name from Ireland...meaning "valiant"....since he was named, most people are naming their GIRLS Riley....so it's whatever...good luck!

Quoting Mrs.Vallo:

Quoting MamaJwlz:

confused

camocountrymom
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Ada and jc
lenashark
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Ada Marie is nice, but otherwise, way too unpleasant sounding. Raiden sounds like a pesticide, JC are letters not a name, and Linux sounds like the cheap china or a cleaning supply. Just being honest.

camocountrymom
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:21 PM
My grandfather's name is JC

Quoting lenashark:

Ada Marie is nice, but otherwise, way too unpleasant sounding. Raiden sounds like a pesticide, JC are letters not a name, and Linux sounds like the cheap china or a cleaning supply. Just being honest.

Mrs.Vallo
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)