Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you enjoy being a single Mom?

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM
  • 18 Replies
Hello ladies!

I am just curious in regards to this cause some tell me I am crazy cause we aren't meant to have a partner. But I truly enjoy being a single Mom, I feel I get more time to accomplish things, be with my children and be able to work longer hours because I don't have to worry about anyone except my boys and I. I am going on 5 years of being single. I've went on dates, chatted with men but none have made me feel enough to make room in my life....I figure I can date when boys are older and if it never happens at least my time was dedicated wisely.

How do you feel?
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amandacr1026
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I miss having someone there to help me out but I also really enjoy having my baby girl all to myself.. I guess I'm 50 50 on it. I like it but there are parts that are annoying.

Hadadat
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

It had it's perks. It was simpler, just the two of us. I made the decisions and there wasn't any need for discussion. I started out single so I never knew what raising a child with someone was like. But I also had no life outside of my son and me. I went to work, he went to daycare/school, we went home and that was that. It was easy and simple but fulfilling.

I got married this past June and while there are more pros than cons, I still find myself learning how to look to my partner for help and support. I'm so used to doing it alone. And I may grumble a bit at how much more work it is now to consider another person into the equation. But in the end, we work well as a team and having another mind to take some of the load helps.

melissanoel
by Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I love being a single mom. Been single for about 2 1/2 years. Wouldn't change it. I've met guys, but I don't see how they would fit in to our lives. I like it being just me and my daughter.

malibucj
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you 100%.

sweetnsassymami
by Diabla on Oct. 28, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Not going to lie I do miss the companionship and I have guilt about not being able to have the "picture perfect" family for my dd. I've dated... I just haven't found the right guy. I'm not going to say I enjoy it because its rough but I've gotten used to it being my life for the time being. I do love the independence.

DWoodland
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 5:17 PM
I every once in awhile miss the affection and love from a man but not enough where I am out there desperately searching....even the rare nights my boys are gone over night with their dad I rather be in bed and watch tv. Dating seems ao much work right now...
jconney80
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group! I think if you're happy being a single mom then do what you want! It's no one's business if you're happy. I think it's great that you enjoy yourself and put your kids first. 

jconney80
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Dating is hard work! I have been a single mom and it is tough. I met my hubby after I had been single for almost 4 years and we clicked. But I didn't have time for other people before that that were not worth my time!

Quoting DWoodland:

I every once in awhile miss the affection and love from a man but not enough where I am out there desperately searching....even the rare nights my boys are gone over night with their dad I rather be in bed and watch tv. Dating seems ao much work right now...

eviesmom453
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I loved it until I met someone. lol

TatorsBaby09
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I was a single mom for only 2 years and I hated it I realized that I needed something in my life when I met my 2nd husband he was it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)