Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

landlord or cops... who do you call?

Posted by   + Show Post
I just got home and, not for the first time, my front porch WREAKS like weed. (my upstairs neighbors smoke) Normally I don't care, you wanna do it that's your choice. But it has never permeated into my apartment. My whole place stinks and THAT I am not ok with. I have candles lit and have gone thru with air freshener and it's still horrible. I texted my landlord but should I call the cops?
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Replies (11-20):
NDADanceMom
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Reeks
mamiof4monsters
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Call the cops
tee1146
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Try calling your landlord and if you don't get any results then call the cops. i'm sorry you have to go through this
abrine7673
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:10 AM
I had a similar problem with my neighbors once. An ex cop friend of mine told me next time to call the police and they will come out and I can't remember what all else he said but I remember he did say to do it every time I could smell drugs.
lesalmi
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 2:11 AM
Which is why I don't want to call the cops. Tho I am in an up and down duplex so the fact that it's not my place and the smell gets worse going up makes it pretty obvious. That and it being the week of Halloween there is a lot of vandalism and pranking going on so compared to that a weed complaint seems minimal. My landlord is going to pass it on to the main rental company.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I am not sure since no one is on your porch or in your home .  It would be hard to prove who was doing it.   We get teh stink through vents.  Both owners and police say not much can be done since it can not be proven.

starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Call the police
Saharra
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:44 AM
I would call the cops. They may not be able to do much, but at least it would be on record that it isn't YOU. I would also let the landlord know. If they refuse to do something about it, let them know that you have kids and don't want your kids breathing it in. It's not healthy and you will look for a new place if need be. They won't like it, but if you aren't normally a complainer, keep your place tidy, and pay on time, they will do what they can to not loose you.
tangerine_dream
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I would just go up and ask them to spray their house/light their own candle.  Treat it just like you would if it were cigarette smoke, no reason to call the cops, that's just mean.  If they are unreasonable about it then call the landlord, but I don't see how they can get mad if you explain yourself and your reasons.    

Velany
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:09 AM

id call the cops...but dunno if they wouuld actuallly DO anything but i would say if your landlord doesnt get a hold of you soon i would just go ahead and call.

LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Both

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN