Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

landlord or cops... who do you call?

Posted by   + Show Post
I just got home and, not for the first time, my front porch WREAKS like weed. (my upstairs neighbors smoke) Normally I don't care, you wanna do it that's your choice. But it has never permeated into my apartment. My whole place stinks and THAT I am not ok with. I have candles lit and have gone thru with air freshener and it's still horrible. I texted my landlord but should I call the cops?
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Replies (21-30):
D.O.E.
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Its just weed....not seeing the problem here
cLanief
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Id wait to hear something from your ll.
daydreamer3
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I was going to say try and talk to her first but since you said she's extremely rude, I wouldn't even bother. 

I'd let the landlord handle it for now but if it happens again, I'd call the cops. 

bbygourl27
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:52 AM

move

lesalmi
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Normally this is what I would do. But she is extremely rude in day to day dealings as is

Quoting tangerine_dream:

I would just go up and ask them to spray their house/light their own candle.  Treat it just like you would if it were cigarette smoke, no reason to call the cops, that's just mean.  If they are unreasonable about it then call the landlord, but I don't see how they can get mad if you explain yourself and your reasons.    

lesalmi
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:23 PM
My house smells. I don't care if it's in your space. I'm not ok with it invading mine. I don't want that shit around my kids and I'm 30 weeks pregnant. I almost went to my moms last night my apartment stunk so bad

Quoting D.O.E.:

katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:25 PM
I would call the cops.
tangerine_dream
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Ahh well then, she deserves it.  Always be nice to your neighbors... they can make your life a living hell lol! 

Quoting lesalmi:

Normally this is what I would do. But she is extremely rude in day to day dealings as is

Quoting tangerine_dream:

I would just go up and ask them to spray their house/light their own candle.  Treat it just like you would if it were cigarette smoke, no reason to call the cops, that's just mean.  If they are unreasonable about it then call the landlord, but I don't see how they can get mad if you explain yourself and your reasons.    

D.O.E.
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:28 PM
She must be smoking a lot of weed for it to be that bad :-/
I understand where you're coming from, I dont allow smoking of any sort in our house.
I guess if anything ....just be glad its weed and not meth? Lol
Maybe tell her its coming into your space and ask if she could puff outside?
Be nice about it. Pretend you quit smoking weed cuz of pregnancy and act all skocked yhat its making you sick ect.

Quoting lesalmi:

My house smells. I don't care if it's in your space. I'm not ok with it invading mine. I don't want that shit around my kids and I'm 30 weeks pregnant. I almost went to my moms last night my apartment stunk so bad

Quoting D.O.E.:

twicethemomjess
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:28 PM
I've been in the same situation. Called the cops then called landlords to let them know
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)