Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How do you/your kids and/or your hubby act...

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:28 PM
  • 33 Replies

coming out of sedation?We finally went to the dentist to get Joey's wisdom tooth cut out(Joe is 17).It had to be cut out because he killed the root when he was in that car accident.

Anywho,he is coming out of sedation and OMG!!Can I kill him now?banging head into wallApparently,the sedation gave him a little smart a$$ mouth.....the dentist did tell us that the meds that they use to 'put them under' makes most teens SUPER cranky. It's really weird,Joey is probably the most soft spoken kid I know and he never talks back.We get him out of surgery and he's turned into the wicked witch of the west...hahahaha.NOT!!

So,is my kid the only wierd one?

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddiddlyumshis
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Our 5yo was a raging lunatic after anesthesia.
I was loopy and goofy after it.
Dh was a crank pot
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daydreamer3
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:33 PM

None of my kids have been put under so I'm not sure but I have seen a lot of you tube videos of teens coming out of surgery and acting all kinds of crazy. 

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Well,I made my big,grumpy ass teen go back to bed....I didn't want to risk killing him before he feels better!LOL

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

Dh was a crank pot

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

It makes my DD who is also 17 very loopy and lovey lol. All she ever says is "Mom, I love ya man.. " LOL No care in the world just love lol

goddiddlyumshis
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Yeah. He'll sleep it off and be a bit groggy for the day.

Quoting brandyblx:

Well,I made my big,grumpy ass teen go back to bed....I didn't want to risk killing him before he feels better!LOL

Quoting goddiddlyumshis:

Dh was a crank pot

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anon85
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM

My daughter was three when she had her tonsils and adenoids removed. She was a monster when she came out of it. Took my mom and three nurses to hold her down and prevent her from ripping her IV's out.

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Oh,my! I don't think we could have held him down if he'd done something like that! 

Quoting anon85:

My daughter was three when she had her tonsils and adenoids removed. She was a monster when she came out of it. Took my mom and three nurses to hold her down and prevent her from ripping her IV's out.

anon85
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't remember what it was but the doctors had to give her a dose of something to calm her down. I hope she NEVER has to have surgery again lol

Quoting brandyblx:

Oh,my! I don't think we could have held him down if he'd done something like that! 

Quoting anon85:

MaineMammax2
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this
My oldest daughter has only had laughing gas and asked "can we get some of that stuff for home?!" on the ride home. The last time my husband had minor surgery that he had to be under for I had to keep putting him back to bed and reassure him, yes it was normal to feel really tired, no nothing was wrong and he was not having an abnormal reaction over and over and over again!!
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Hahahahaha...men!wink mini

Quoting MaineMammax2:

My oldest daughter has only had laughing gas and asked "can we get some of that stuff for home?!" on the ride home. The last time my husband had minor surgery that he had to be under for I had to keep putting him back to bed and reassure him, yes it was normal to feel really tired, no nothing was wrong and he was not having an abnormal reaction over and over and over again!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)