Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

if you were all by yourself with your immediate family in another state and didn't have the money to go to your home state to be with family and friends, would you make a meal for yourself or go out to eat as a family?

It's not that I don't like to cook, nor that we don't like the traditional Thanksgiving dinner. We don't have any friends that can come over and "hang out" they all have family here. We usually play games and watch the game of course. However, I'm looking for something new. I love to cook, it's a big passion of mine. I just want to enjoy the day though... IDK...

by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
proudmomalexis
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:57 PM
We make a turkey breast, sweet potato casserole and broccoli casserole but not alot of food.
Molimomma
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:03 PM

We are military so we are never close to family and rarely get to visit for holidays so when I am home I cook a smaller, simple version for just us.

.Bad.Wolf.
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:06 PM
We've done our own thing before, even though our family is in the state. I made the whole meal. Turkey, Hamballs, Mashed Potatoes, Candied Yams, Stuffing, Corn, Green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, gravy & a few pies :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I'd make a meal for us.  I already do it because our extended family celebrates Thanksgiving on the Saturday after.  Some family members have to work on Thanksgiving day, so getting together on Saturday works better for us.  However, I like to have a nice Thanksgiving meal that is just for us, so I always cook on Thursday.

taKENheart
by Flovely on Oct. 29, 2013 at 5:26 PM

That's been us for many years.  I always cook a full meal.  I used to even roast a 20-25lb turkey for just the 4 of us, lol.  I LOVE Thanksgiving day leftovers so I wouldn't ever go out on that day.

kristin_1984
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 5:29 PM
My husband was in the military for ten years and we never went to our home state for Thanksgiving ‚ we always made a meal at home
MidwestMama55
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Make a meal for my immediate family.  It's still Thanksgiving.

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:22 PM

We make our own dinner.

A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Make a meal.
Saharra
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:25 PM
I'd find a way to make something ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN