Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

if you were all by yourself with your immediate family in another state and didn't have the money to go to your home state to be with family and friends, would you make a meal for yourself or go out to eat as a family?

It's not that I don't like to cook, nor that we don't like the traditional Thanksgiving dinner. We don't have any friends that can come over and "hang out" they all have family here. We usually play games and watch the game of course. However, I'm looking for something new. I love to cook, it's a big passion of mine. I just want to enjoy the day though... IDK...

by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Replies (21-30):
Hadadat
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I'd make dinner at home. Thanksgiving doesn't have to be a big deal. Just enjoy the ones you are with.

mommy5912
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:27 PM
I would make a meal for my family and we would enjoy the day as such
katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:28 PM
I would cook for us.
MaddieLainesMom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:28 PM

We do a meal with friends here. If we can make it home that's awesome. We still try to make it special and cook all of the traditional Thanksgiving food (just in smaller portions).

dingysfamily
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:33 PM

We'd make a meal; there have been times when it's just been dh, dd & I anyway.

jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Make a meal for yourself or see if you can go spend the day with friends. We have only spent 1 thanksgiving with family in 9 years. We've spent all the others with friends.
DSamuels
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Growing up it was always just my mom, dad and me. We always had a Thanksgiving dinner at home. 

Ashanti22
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Well it's just gonna my family of six&a hlf plus step father coming by my mom has to work there is nobody else that I'm going to be inviting over
emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Cook a meal at home
mamacam7
by Christina on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I never eat with any family or friends. I make my own meal for our family and then we go to visit my mother, sister and step father later in the day for a little while (that is the only family both my husband and I have). I don't really socialize so I have no friends outside of the internet. and the food I cook will give us leftovers for days lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)