Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

if you were all by yourself with your immediate family in another state and didn't have the money to go to your home state to be with family and friends, would you make a meal for yourself or go out to eat as a family?

It's not that I don't like to cook, nor that we don't like the traditional Thanksgiving dinner. We don't have any friends that can come over and "hang out" they all have family here. We usually play games and watch the game of course. However, I'm looking for something new. I love to cook, it's a big passion of mine. I just want to enjoy the day though... IDK...

by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Replies (31-40):
erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:59 PM

I raised my children without any other family I always cooked....why wouldn't you?

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:24 PM
we dint have family near us so every year its just usc and kids. unless we have friends who are without family over.
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Make a meal!! My family is near by but no one really celebrates and I do mine. Last year I invited other friends who dont have family nearby. It was a ton of fun.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 2:51 AM

we always made the meal...it just helped us feel a little less isolated

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:09 AM

we would go out to eat..

1hotmama87
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:46 AM

I would make a meal, but I love to cook my holidays would not be complete if I didn't make at least some of the food.

fudgybuddymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:23 AM

Depends on which is cheaper.

Perfect_Misfit
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:57 AM
I don't socialize with anyone ("family") but my husband and our 2 children. We eat a nice breakfast and when Mr. Turkey is ready he's served up with giblet gravey, rolls, cranberry sauce, seasoned green beans, and either mashed taters or mac n cheese.
mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 7:05 AM

I would make a full meal, but I love to cook and I am a former Chef. 

That said, my mother and ILs live in the same retiremet community in FL. We still live in the area where we grew up in GA. We will drive down as soon as the girls get out on the 22nd at 10:30 am and come home on the 1st of December. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

choaspartyof4
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Make our own meal, we don't eat out on holidays.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)