Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

if you were all by yourself with your immediate family in another state and didn't have the money to go to your home state to be with family and friends, would you make a meal for yourself or go out to eat as a family?

It's not that I don't like to cook, nor that we don't like the traditional Thanksgiving dinner. We don't have any friends that can come over and "hang out" they all have family here. We usually play games and watch the game of course. However, I'm looking for something new. I love to cook, it's a big passion of mine. I just want to enjoy the day though... IDK...

by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Replies (41-47):
copugowner
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Eat out as a family or make a dish for a family home style dinner.

instmom04
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:00 AM
I would make a meal. I haven't had enough opportunities to do that yet...still think it's fun. Plus the lions play on thanksgiving :P
tcfla
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Cook, start your own traditions.

sunshine21pa
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:11 PM

I would make dinner...

Chicklets13
by Kris on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:18 PM
My kids and I eat out. The day isn't about who cooked the meal, its about spending family time together.
myshoes
by New Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 2:30 PM
I'd make a meal at home BECAUSE....I want my kid(s) to learn/live the TRADITION. When they grow up I want them to spend the holiday with me and have a meal. I would want them to grow up with that to be the "norm".
letstalk747
by Joy on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:24 PM

go out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN