Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Freezer Meals....

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:06 PM
  • 8 Replies
How did you like them? I got a few lists off Pinterest..so I made simple stuff, that I know everyone likes. I put them in 1 gallon bags, because that's what fits in my crockpot.

I did 2 bags of chili, 2 bags of chicken noodle soup, 1/2 bag of creamed chicken for sandwiches, and a pot roast.

If you did any of these as freezer meals, how did you like them? Tell me about you experience!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
fudgybuddymom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I'm sorry I don't do it cause I don't have a crockpot,nor do I have the talent.

daydreamer3
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:14 PM

My husband has been wanting to put some bags together. He's the cook but he doesn't get home until after 7pm. By then it would be too late for him to cook before the kids go to  bed at 8pm. 

I am starting to make things in the crock pot so he wants to put some of these together so all I have to do is plop them in and turn it on. 

katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:21 PM
I've been thinking about doing some. I pinned a blog of a woman who did this and some of her recipes sound pretty awesome. It would make dinner on those busy nights so much easier.
carolina_gal
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I just make things like lasagna and chili.

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

How did you like them? I got a few lists off Pinterest..so I made simple stuff, that I know everyone likes. I put them in 1 gallon bags, because that's what fits in my crockpot.

I did 2 bags of chili, 2 bags of chicken noodle soup, 1/2 bag of creamed chicken for sandwiches, and a pot roast.

If you did any of these as freezer meals, how did you like them? Tell me about you experience!

CheyennesMommy2
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM
My plan is to have like almost all meals for winter, and then just occasional meals during the summer. We have a super busy schedule. My husband is not the assoc pastor at our church, and I'm leading a MOPS group come January, then taking my oldest to school, play groups, dance, karate..oh and that sleep thing?! Lol. I just don't have the time to cook every night. Luckily once a week we do pizza! Lol. That's my favorite night! :P

Quoting carolina_gal:

I just make things like lasagna and chili.

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama9512
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:37 PM
2 moms liked this
I love doing this! This month I made 34 meals for my family for $94!( all in 4 1/2 hours) The trick is to buy the meat on sale and plan your meals from there. It's mDe my life do much easier!
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Wefeeeze severa; meals & then give them to my youngest ds,
He loves  them :)

trainlady
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Many years ago when I was working and raising four children I used to do what we called "whatever stew". All month long I would put the leftovers, no matter how big or small in a bag in the freezer and at the end of the month I took them out and defrosted them part way and then put them into the crockpot and let them simmer for several hours. I would taste them occasionally and add whatever seasonings I thought would bring out a certain flavor and then when it was dinner time I would fix biscuits and salad to go with the "whatever stew". Every month it was a different taste and everyone loved it. It saved a lot of leftovers from being thrown out and a lot of money. Also, my dogs didn't get too fat on eating leftovers from the table so everyone was satisfied including my budget. Try it, you'll like it and its easy to do. Save everything, no matter what it is as long as its edible, you will be surprised.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)