Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does this seem a little strange to you? Costume parade for some students on Friday

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:41 AM
  • 17 Replies

My son's school posted this on Facebook today

If your child received a green invitation that means they get to attend our costume parade this Friday
ONLY students who received one may wear their costumes to school on Friday.

I am wondering why they are doing this on Friday and why some can wear their costumes and not others. Things have really changed since I was a child. I remember everyone wearing costumes and parading around the school for the parents. Do your kids wear their costumes to school on Halloween?

by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Bad.Wolf.
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Why only some? I'd be mad if my kids couldn't.

Yes, my kids take theirs to school & change into them before their parties.

jess80
by Gold Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Idk if my kids can wear theirs. When I was a kid we wore them to school and had a costume contest they don't do that now days. Lol. Its crazy how times have changed.
momavanessa
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:54 AM

I am wondering the same thing.  I may go find out tomorrow after school.

Quoting .Bad.Wolf.:

Why only some? I'd be mad if my kids couldn't.

Yes, my kids take theirs to school & change into them before their parties.

Mamaof3and1tobe
by Silver Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this
That is odd :/ I'd ask what's up with that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 2:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Perhaps there was a contest or this is part of rewarding some children for goals/behaviors.  As far as i know dd is not allowed to dress up. They have only allowed kinder students to dress up for a parade in the past 10 years.   We bought a halloween themed outfit for her instead which we can then throw on her costume when she gets home from school for all the festivities.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:11 AM

thats crazy!!!  my daughter has always gone to school in her costume...and then the whole school walks in a parade, where parents are allowed to watch.  i never have..cuz i always have to work..but..EVERYONE is included..i would be PISSED if my child wasnt allowed to participate!

1hotmama87
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:45 AM

Costumes are not allowed at DS's school, the last 3 years he hasn't had school on Halloween they have made it a teacher work day so its not a big deal. I never got to wear my costume to school either as a child.

AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Its probably for the most well behaved kids and the school is rewarding them for their behavior by letting them dress up.
rachel_35
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:56 AM
My small children can wear their costumes. My oldest in middle school can't.
Daltensmommy88
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 7:03 AM

My kid does not get to do that at his school. I am not completely sure he has Halloween parties. I know he does for every other big Holiday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)