Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I just popped my 2yo on her leg because

Posted by   + Show Post
she said "fucking bitch". :'( I have put her in the corner already for it today, told her 'we don't say that' etc. She kept saying it. Ughhh. She overheard it from a video I was watching on facebook, didn't realize she was listening -.- ugh.

What's something bad your kids have said?
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Replies (21-30):
Kathy489
by Bronze Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I think the more attention you pay it, the more she will say it because she knows that she is pulling the strings. When mine says things like that, I ignore it and redirect the conversation. It works pretty well so far.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:09 AM

my daughter has said "shit" and "what the hell"...but, i'm to blame for that! LOL

jess80
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:27 AM
My DD did this tonight! Lol. Her mouth dropped as soon as she said it. I said its okay because it does look that way. She said "yea,at least it didn't say hole after it" lol 0_o

Quoting A.J.s_mommy:

I'm not sure. He said ass before when he was newly reading...he was sounding out as. I would be annoyed by a 7 year old not listening when told not to say it again.
SissyAnn141
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Quoting Kathy489:

I think the more attention you pay it, the more she will say it because she knows that she is pulling the strings. When mine says things like that, I ignore it and redirect the conversation. It works pretty well so far.

You just have to be careful what you say.

Your children , will repeat it.

If you do not say it- Then you can say.........

"We do not say these words in our home"

cbear2
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:28 AM
When my son was about a yr his favorite saying was oh shit! He somehow always knew when to say it. I had to remeber to edit.that out of my vocab.
briellesmomma
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:31 AM
My dd hears bad words from me almost all day.

I spank and i wont pop her for that. I tell her its a mommy word. But i can't pop her for something bad i taught het.
lovelove211
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:36 AM
1 mom liked this
One time my dd opened a draw when she was about two and she slammed it and said "I can't find anything in this bloody house"

Another time my mum was over bitching about my dad and she said he was an asshole and I agreed, dd who was also two at the time must have overheard and thought I was talking about dh because she head the word dad, she sat him down that night and said "mummy has been upset so no more assholes okay" as she said that she was pointing her finger
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:01 AM

When dd was not quite 2, my fil was walking with her and talking to his friend and said shit so dd spouted off with, yeah that's shit, Grandpa! Yeah, I was so not impressed! 

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:03 AM
This. A 2 year old doesn't even know what those words mean or why they're wrong to say. They're parrots at that age.

Quoting Kathy489:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:45 AM
2 moms liked this
Your 2 year old repeated a word that means nothing to her, a word you exposed her to, so you slap her around? Do you have ECFE parenting classes in your area? I strongly suggest taking a few.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)