Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

bathroom time?

Posted by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:58 PM
  • 34 Replies
So how do new moms go to the bathroom when their child is crying? I have a six month old and since he was a premie, he isn't able to crawl or sit up yet. I am always alone with him so I never have time to bathe or even use the bathroom. How do you moms do it?
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:15 PM
He comes with me. Now at almost 2 if it's just me and him I'll just leave the door open so I can keep an eye on him. But showers I wait until hubby can keep an eye on him.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:24 PM

put him in the carrier and place outside bathroom door, continue talking to him while you do whatever you need to.  Also try to aim to shower while he naps so that can be peaceful.

Amani105
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:48 PM
I have an asshole for a husband who won't take care of the baby right. He'll leave the baby crying and I can't let my son cry
daydreamer3
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:58 PM
I had a bouncy seat and if I had to bring them, I'd put them in there. If they weren't crying I'd just put them in the pack n play or in their crib.
Lilith.23
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:08 PM
I have an 18 month old and a 4 month old. Usually i leave my oldest in his fun park and put teletubis to distract him and with my younger one i leave him in his crib with a lullaby and he stays quiet and happy. Its hard being a mom but you'll figure it out. Lol but my showers don't last more then 10 minutes tho that's why i take my time when they nap or when they are asleep.
caligirl7613
by Member on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:08 PM
2 moms liked this
crying or not, i did what i needed to do. ususally i would just set him in his swing, carseat or bouncer either ight inside the door or right out of it. it wont hurt the baby to cry, even for 10 or 15 min while u grab a quick shower.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:48 AM
2 moms liked this

i either put her in her crib, her playpen, swing, bouncy chair, whatever she was into at that age...if she cried, she cried...it's not gonna harm them to cry for 5-10 minutes while you do what ya gotta do!

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 5:55 AM

You need to understand your husband is going to be different than you. You cannot expect him to take care of the baby YOUR way, when HE'S doing it. Having said that, I was never a fan of either of my boys crying either so I understand how you feel. 

I used to put my older son, in his car seat on the floor in the bathroom. Sometimes he cried even though I was talking to him, sometimes he didn't. 

Quoting Amani105:

I have an asshole for a husband who won't take care of the baby right. He'll leave the baby crying and I can't let my son cry

waytomanykids10
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:30 AM

I have 9 kids and a husband. I always have someone  to watch the babies.

cbear2
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:20 AM
Spongebob was my babysitter when i showered or id put him in his crib.
Now at 7 i cant do anything without him MOM!!!!! Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN