Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How did you come up with your kid's names?

Posted by   + Show Post
What are your kids names and how did you come up with them? Are they named after anyone?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Alexis Nicole...

Alexis..lol..wellllll..i went to school with a girl named that..she was such a bitch..lol, but i loved the name!! and then nicole is my middle name too  :)

Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:44 AM
1 mom liked this
My son is Caleb Anthony Dylan. Caleb I dreamed of years before I had him and I knew that would be his name. Anthony was his dads middle name and Dylan is my brothers name.

My daughter is Sophia Nicole Rose. Sophia because it went well with princess... yeah, I knew she would be a princess and we loved it. Nicole for my sister. Rose... about a week before she was born I decided she needed a more hippy name. So I went with rose, after her great aunt. She passed away earlier this year so it worked out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:49 AM

my daughter is named after my friend from childhood, my first son is named after both my grandpas, my second son  got his middle name from my father in law and my my dad,and this one will be named after my grandma

Lilith.23
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Romeo Gabriel; his dad chose romeo since we we're like 15 so when i fell pregnant it was already set up five years early :p
Gabriel his middle name was cause my mom had a dream that an Angel named Gabriel blessed my son so i thought it was cute.
My second son Rogan Joshua; Rogan again his dad. And Joshua cause when i first saw him i thought " it's joshua, my baby is a Joshua, he looks like one" lol maybe too much pain killer after surgery or an epiphany who knows.
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 5:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Oldest ds, is Richard Alton after my dh, who is also named after his father.

my younger son, Matthew James. Matthew I just LOVED, and James is my dad's name. 

momto3infl
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:09 AM

My oldest was named after my favorite aunt/godmother Marjorie, we choose thing while still dating and he chose her middle name of Rose.  Our youngest was name after hub' s grandmother Hallie and he also choose Anne after many family members have that in their name.  Our son took us months going back and forth-then one night while watching wrestling we came up with Austin from Stone Cold Steve Austin and then changed Vince (vince Macmahon) to Vance and came up with our son.

Saharra
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:16 AM
Caleb Jordan- he's got his dads middle name. Wanted to name him after his dad, but didn't want to be calling the same name for both :) And it's a Biblical name. Jordan because we liked the name. And again, it's Biblical. He's 6.

Lucas Matthew- I've always liked the name Lucas. It means "light" and we also liked Luke, but we wanted a little different twist on it, so that's what we did. Matthew is another Biblical name. And another one we just really liked.
NDADanceMom
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:54 AM
My daughters are named after monarchs. Catherine the great, queen Elizabeth and now princess Sophia. (Yes there was a real one not just the cartoon one) my sons name was in the bible. Nathaniel was the advisor to king Solomon
mrswillie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:55 AM
In my family, traditionally we all have four names. A family name, a biblical name, a name that matches it all, and our last name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bsingley
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Piper clair, Tristan James, Christian Blair.

Piper I stole from the show charmed. Tristan from legends of the fall. And Christan BC of Tristan and Blair BC of clair . James is my dads family name so of course my son would carry it :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)