Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How did you come up with your kid's names?

Posted by   + Show Post
What are your kids names and how did you come up with them? Are they named after anyone?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Replies (21-30):
Pnukey
by Jennifer on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:58 AM

My kids are Meg & Ryan. They are not named after anyone.

I don't know how we came up with them. We had a totally different name for DD picked out, but then the delivery was traumatic and I named her wrong. DH picked out DS's name, and I'm glad he did.

saphiraka
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Our first we didnt know if we were having a girl or a boy.. The girls name we originally picked out though was Ashley Nicole.. but there are a LOT of those around here.. We were watching a movie set in Ireland (which btw  I LOVE celtic, Irish, and Scottish things) and the main characters name was Ashlain ( said Ashlynn).. so we switched and our oldest DD name is Ashlain Nichol.  

Our 2nd dd we knew was a girl from the first ultrasound.. She wasnt bashful  lol.  Knew because of health issues she was going to be our last.. My dad's Mom had died before he was 1 year old of tuberculosis.  Her name was Jessie..  We have a LOT of people in the family named LEE.  My side.. my dads middle name, my brothers middle name.. the girls dad side: their dads middle name, his grandpas name, his uncles name...  So we went with Jessica Leigh for our youngest. 

3babygirls83
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:02 AM
2 moms liked this
My oldest is Emma Danielle, I had the name Emma picked out since I was like 16 and Danielle is my cousin who passed away when I was 18 and it flowed really well so win for me lol. My youngest is Kyla Brynn, she's not named after anyone but her names are Gaelic for hubbys grandma who is a war bride from Scotland she really loved the names when we told her and my Aunt and uncle cried when I told them my oldest daughters name .
Jlu88
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Addison Reegan
Found both in a baby book, wanted to use reegan as first.name but got told everyone would think it was pronounced Reagan like the president. And my husband didn't.like that thought....men

And Addison I had.picked out for a boy but.when I mentioned it to my mom and sister they.liked it for girl (already knew I was having a girl at the time) we actually had Makayla picked out but after everyone found out it was a girl they called my belly that, and I realized I didn't like it so much. Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erikadi
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:51 AM

My son is named Benjamin William. My husband and I both agreed on the first name and William is a family name. 

zashalol
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this
My first name is zacha (pronounced sasha) my middle name is Enit..... so I put Enit and the "za" from zacha and came up with ENITZA ;) LOL
KAlle21
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I always loved the sound of the name Alexis after I heard it on General Hospital! Then there was a Lexi on Melrose Place, so we named our daughter Alexis Kellsi, & we call her Lexi. ❤️ Kellsi is just my name w/ a S in it. (My name's Kelli.) We named our son Austin Kristofer. We wanted our kids to have the same initials. My brother's middle name is Kristopher also, after our uncle Kris who died as a child.
McIson
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:22 PM
I named all of my children things That they could shorten into anything they wanted.
We are a family that loves nicknames… So that is why i did that.
jconney80
by Gold Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

That's actually a really good idea! I love that! I wish I had been intentional in naming my kids. I was always clueless about what I wanted to name them lol

Quoting McIson:

I named all of my children things That they could shorten into anything they wanted.
We are a family that loves nicknames… So that is why i did that.

Gooberzilla
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

DH and I had been TTC for 4 years before we got pregnant.  We had been talking about names for what seemed like forever, but could not agree on anything.  Then we got pregnant and we went in for her 20 week u/s and found out she was a girl.  As I was looking at her on the screen I thought "Lillian Olivia".  DH went back to work and I went home and 2 hours later he sent me a text "What do you think of Lillian Olivia?"  So that is her name.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)