Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How did you come up with your kid's names?

Posted by   + Show Post
What are your kids names and how did you come up with them? Are they named after anyone?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Replies (31-40):
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:51 PM

That is cute! I have some friends whose kids all have the same exact initials too!

Quoting KAlle21:

I always loved the sound of the name Alexis after I heard it on General Hospital! Then there was a Lexi on Melrose Place, so we named our daughter Alexis Kellsi, & we call her Lexi. ❤️ Kellsi is just my name w/ a S in it. (My name's Kelli.) We named our son Austin Kristofer. We wanted our kids to have the same initials. My brother's middle name is Kristopher also, after our uncle Kris who died as a child.

diaperstodating
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest three sons have names of Prophets in the Bible. My youngest (fourth) son has a name from the Bible, but it is not a Prophet it is a place.

diaperstodating
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:17 PM

If I would have named my son's differently I would have done countries. I like the names Isreal, Kyro, and Egypt for boys and China, London and Paris if I had girls.

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I love it that you named her after your cousin. That is nice :)

Quoting 3babygirls83:

My oldest is Emma Danielle, I had the name Emma picked out since I was like 16 and Danielle is my cousin who passed away when I was 18 and it flowed really well so win for me lol. My youngest is Kyla Brynn, she's not named after anyone but her names are Gaelic for hubbys grandma who is a war bride from Scotland she really loved the names when we told her and my Aunt and uncle cried when I told them my oldest daughters name .

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I love all of those names!

Quoting diaperstodating:

If I would have named my son's differently I would have done countries. I like the names Isreal, Kyro, and Egypt for boys and China, London and Paris if I had girls.

diaperstodating
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Me to! I know 5 kids and teens with all of these names except for Paris. Kyro and Egypt are siblings.

Quoting jconney80:

I love all of those names!

Quoting diaperstodating:

Rotorkitty
by Member on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:57 PM

All my girls have names from the Fast and the Furious movies. I love Vin Diesel. I've got Mia (one of the main girls from the first), Neela (main girl from Tokyo Drift) and Letty (the other main girl from the first)

avonleafan
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Maxwell Chase....we wanted a name that we could shorten to Max. Chase just sounded nice with it.

Breckin Michael...my DH really liked that name from the actor Breckin Myer. I have always liked Michael and it sounded good with it. It happens to be my BIL's middle name as well.

Lillian Winter....we really like the name Lilly and Winter was just cool. we like names that are more original. DH is a 3rd and has always really disliked his name. We didn't like any of the family names on either side (besides Michael) and DH was pretty insistent that we not use the family name just for tradition's sake. I agree.
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Oldest (17) Luigi Edward-first name after his  dad,middle name after grandpop

Middle son(12)Brian Alberto-middle name after grandfather,first because his dad liked it.

Youngest son (10)Bryce Alexander-first name picked for him by his older brothers,middle name because I liked it.

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:24 AM

My 10 year old is Bryce Alexander!How old is your son?I haven't met too many Bryce's....My son has been the only Bryce in his class since he started going to school!

Quoting jaydensmom1726:

we named our son jayden bryce. we picked jayden because we like jade for a girl.so we figured jayden was basically the boy version and my husband wanted his first name to be bryce but nothing sounded good for a middle name so we compromised and went with jayden bryce

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)