Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How did you come up with your kid's names?

Posted by   + Show Post
What are your kids names and how did you come up with them? Are they named after anyone?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Replies (41-50):
dakotafriend
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Trinity Leila is my daughters name. Trinity after the movie the Matrix and Leila means dark beauty and I'm Native American so my daughter has dark hair and eyes.

If we had had a boy his name would have been Aniken after Star Wars and hunter as a middle name as both my hubby and I bowhunt.
fudgybuddymom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Molly came from my mother's mother,Mary Catherine(her legal name,Molly is her nickname altho I want to add it as her legal name.) came from my middle names & his mother's name.

rosiemendo
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:26 AM

My first child was going to be named and was after my husband.  If it was a girl, her name was going to be Richelle, nicknamed "Rikki."  My first-born is a boy so he is named Richard, nicknamed Ricky.  When he got married and they had their first child, there was no question about it, since it was a girl she is named Richelle, nicknamed "Chelle."  My second child was named after my father who had already passed away when my first was only 6 months old and so his name is Joseph (Joey).  In Lewiston, NY, not far from Buffalo where we live, is The Fatima Shrine, dedicated to Our Lady of Fatima.  Every year we visit at least once.  When the kids were small, we took them; now I go with a special group of friends.  There are statues of every saint and a fountain with lights in the form of the rosary.  I was pregnant with my third while we visited the shrine one summer.  I really felt like I was going to have "my three sons" and we didn't have a name picked out.  One of the first statues is of Saint Matthew and so my third son was named Matthew. I thought I was finished having children, but I got pregnant once more, but miscarried.  Dealing with the loss was hard, but I was prepared to be content with "my three sons" and then I got pregnant for my daughter.  During my pregnancy, one of our nieces was making her First Holy Communion and we, of course, attended the mass.  The priest called out for a "Lindsay" to come forward and that's when I decided to name my one and only daughter, Lindsay; it sounded beautiful at such a wonderful occasion. 

P.S.  Sorry so long!  

Skittles1988
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:53 AM

We wanted a name that was easily pronounced but was able to work in my husband's country and mine. We also knew we wanted an "A" name for the first name. Aleena works and was cute and no one has mispronounced it yet :)

amy1will
by Amethyst on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Kaden Antony-- kaden cause we liked it and Anthony cause the first born male in hubbys family get Anthony somewhere in their name . He's 7

Joseph Alexzander-- Hubbys grandfathergrandfather's nickname was Joe so we did. Joseph and we just like Alexzander. He's 6

Aubrey Lucas-- Aubrey was hubbys grandfather's real name and he passed a week after we found out I was pregnant. And we like lucas. Hes 2months
precious54
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:53 AM

jimmy don after 2 uncles

butch lee after 2 uncles

draven3107
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:06 AM

DS1- David William Andrew, I always liked the name David. William is DHs middle name, Andrew is BIL middle name and my sisters name is Andrea.

Ds2- Isaiah Levi, we did not know what he was going to be so we picked names and asked the doctor, he picked Isaiah over Israel.

Dd1- Eden Danielle- Just liked it, 

Ds3- Evan Matthew, named after my favorite fighter, Evan Tanner, who died , a year before Ds was born. Middle name is Dhs first name.

DD2- Lily Sophia Grace - took 9 monhs to pick  this name out.

Allbrisafam
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I was so set on havering a son and we were going to name him aidn alister Bc DF loves A . But we ended up havering a girl and named her Isabella Marie I got to pick the first name I wanted Kendra Isabella but he didn't like Kendra so. We switched it around and put Marie 

Sweetbliss2469
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Akira is named after a Japanese anima movie- means teacher light nd higher power.

Gavin Loki ... Loki is greek god of mischief

Ethan Addison Lee.... was just supposed to be second two names but exs cousin wife decided she liked the name and gave it to her daughter, but he acts like a Ethan

Illiana

Xavier.... hubby loved it

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Samari = football player

Najeh= football player

Anthony Jr = named after my husband

Neveah = heard it and liked it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN