Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How did you come up with your kid's names?

Posted by   + Show Post
What are your kids names and how did you come up with them? Are they named after anyone?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 30, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Replies (81-86):
Butterfly2813
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:46 AM
My daughter was named after my favorite actress on CSI- MIAMI.
solankt
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:55 AM
My kids are Lincoln(3yrs) and Shelby Nova(2mths), we are obviously into cars! My brother followed through and named his son Bentley(3mths)!! It started with Lincoln, we just always loved the name! We also named our dogs navigator(gator) and mini!
tnt-manda
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Taylor Charles, Charles is a past.down middle name so no choice there. Dh grandfather is Thurman Charles they call him T.C. I couldn't see naming him Thurman so we went with Taylor, he's known as little T.C.

Nolan Bryce, is completely original..some little preteen girls (my youngest brothers friends) were writing down names they thought Dh and I should name him. Nolan was one of them.

Timothy Gage, Timothy was my Dh pick and Gage was his grandmother's last name, so it fit.

mfrentz
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:09 AM
My husband chose our first son's name from the movie "the fifth element". We changed the spelling to Corben. His middle name is James like his dads. I picked our second son's name. I have always liked Levi. It's a strong name and not used often. His middle name is Paul after my brother who was killed by a drunk driver 8 years ago.
lchim202
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:18 AM

My son Brandon, was named by my 4-year-old nephew Connor.  Connor called that name before we knew the gender!

fairytale3
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:30 AM
My oldest is Aiden Tyler. I just knew from the beginning he was a boy and around 12 weeks his name popped into my head and stuck. It was just HIS.

My middle is Aubree Marie. She was harder to name. We went through about 5 first names before her dad gave me a choice between Sophia and Aubrey. I chose Aubree. Her middle name is my late grandmother's name and my middle name.

My youngest is Jade Skye. I had originally decided on Schuyler Rose. Then she ended up with Irelynn Rose. Then my ex said he didn't like Rose so I went in search of a new middle name and found Jade and he said we should just name her Jade. I was stuck on Irelynn until she was born though. She is definitely JADE.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN