Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Question;
Who was induced? How did you find it? I'm 38 weeks and at 3 cm and having quite a bit of pain. Contractions daily but no progress. My Hunny thinks asking for an induction would be fair, I'm not sure how I feel about it but I know this level of pain isn't typical. Any words of wisdome Ladies?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
Milk_Chocolate
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:58 PM

I went into labor naturally with both my boys. My first came at 40 weeks and 2 days and second 42 weeks and 2 days. I would personally never elect to be induced without necessity. 

Milk_Chocolate
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 10:59 PM

You can be induced without having an epidural. Though I have heard that women have stronger and more painful contractions when induced.

Quoting Tabithaporte:

Was the epidural required? Or a choice?

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I really hate prodromal labor... I had it for 3 weeks with my last one...8 to 12 minutes apart consistantly day and night...blech.

Quoting rgba:

Oh and I had prodromal labor for a week this time, sometimes my contractions were 2 minutes apart!

Quoting rgba:

I was induced for the first one, and was supposed to be induced for the second but went in to labor. I did not enjoy induction and had problems.

39 weeks is now considered full term. Hang in there.

rgba
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Eek!

Quoting ditsyjo:

I really hate prodromal labor... I had it for 3 weeks with my last one...8 to 12 minutes apart consistantly day and night...blech.

Quoting rgba:

Oh and I had prodromal labor for a week this time, sometimes my contractions were 2 minutes apart!

Quoting rgba:

I was induced for the first one, and was supposed to be induced for the second but went in to labor. I did not enjoy induction and had problems.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tabithaporte
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 4:16 AM
For almost two weeks I've been in contractions, and honestly they're aweful close together and strong. How did you function during them? What about being exhausted when labor did occure? I have found a whole new respect for Moms!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Yeah not fun.... I was so tired, but we got through it. Apparently my poor little guy was exhausted too he fell asleep about ten minutes after he was born, didn't even want to eat.

Quoting rgba:

Eek!

Quoting ditsyjo:

Quoting rgba:

Quoting rgba:

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:16 PM
I was induced.with my youngest. It was simple. I was also in allot of pain and the doc suggested it to me. I took him up on it. He induced me a week early and my son was bigger then what we all thought. I think its fine :)
Rotorkitty
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:31 PM

I was induced for the first two babies. After going into labor on my own with my third, which we had already scheduled to be induced, I will tell you I went longer on my own through the contractions than I did with the inductions before asking for the epidural. But if you are in pain now you're going to definitely want an epidural before birth because it only gets worse.

trainlady
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Ask your doctor if he/she feels it is needed. I was induced. The funny thing it was just at this time of year. We went walking with our kids for halloween night in the neighborhood. Before we got home I was feeling bad and very tight. Soon the contractions started and off to the hospital I went about 10:00 p.m.. This was a Saturday night. After about six hours the contractions stopped. But they didn't send me home. Soon they started up again. This went on for four days. My Tuesday the doctor said he was going to induce because the stress on the baby and me was too much. He induced and within an hour my son was born, happy and healthy. I thought I was never going to get enough sleep again after four days of this, but I managed and the baby was okay. But only your doctor can tell you if it is the right time or what else to do.

toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:12 PM
I was induced with both my children. I was almost 42 weeks both times, and my bp was creeping up. I didn't think it was too bad, but I have no other experience to compare it to. I had an epidural with my first, and no pain meds with my second. I had a better experience without the epidural. Good luck! I hope you have a safe and easy delivery.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN