Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Ive been with my boyfriend for 2 years. We are pregnant with our first (31 weeks) and I have 2 children from my past relationship...
I cant take it anymore. I feel like I was destined to be alone. Im not happy with him anymore. He treats me like crap. Yelled at me tonight that my daughters costume got glitter everywhere. Yelled at me because i set my keys on the counter vs on the key ring...Always yelling at me if I dont clean enough, will rub it in my face that I lost my job and he has been making our house mortgage. Is always yelling and rude to my children, always is so quick to spank them and is very rough with them. I just feel like I need to be alone....that no man is worth this trouble :( I need help. I cant even cry in front of him because he will make fun of me and cal me a baby...I think I need out
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Replies (21-30):
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I would leave. He's showing abusive behavior, and it looks like it may escalate. That being said, it doesn't mean you'll be alone forever, the right guy is out there.

angieTN73
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Get away from him. If not for yourself, then do it for your children. Don't let them suffer. Go with family---change your kids school if needed, they'll be safer away from him. I would also get restraining order; get the law involved. Please, be strong and save yourself and your kids. Don't become another terrible story that I have to read about on national news.

Emeraldmama7
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:06 PM
If you can't find the strength to leave, please find it for your children. You are supposed to be their protector. Instead you have brought them into the hands of an abuser. Please get out now. I was in an abusive relationship for 6 years and had 2 kids with him. Leaving was one of the hardest things I ever had to do and the BEST thing I ever did for my daughters. Please message me if you need to talk. It helps to talk a about things and I will not judge you. You are the victim and need to find your strength once again. There is also this new website called Aspire that is a great to for domestic violence.
(((Hugs)))
ferrellmt
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Quoting kelliamber006:

She only knows a little bit. I dont like everytime I get mad at him to go running to her. Part of the time im just over reacting.... but Lately (past 6 months) it has gotten to him putting me down and belitting me. He will call my mom not a good person because his mom and dad are always giving him money if he gets caught up in bills and my mom cant because she cant afford it... heck I dont even ask her because im an adult and I need to deal with my money issues if they come up.

Quoting HlthyandatHome:

Have you talked to your mom?  Does she know the situation? 

I'm with everyone else here.  While the emotional abuse you are receiving from him is damaging any smidgen of self-respect you have, think about the impact it is going to have on the way your daughter views relationships.  She is learning how to be a "wife" and "mommy" from watching you and studies have shown that those from abusive homes often find themselves in abusive situations as well.  Do this for your daughter but also know that it has to be done for you too.

It's time.

WAIT.

His mommy and daddy give him money to help with bills? Oh yeah, he just lost my respect (not that he had it)...he is not manning up at all, if he can run to them for financial help. In fact, it may be why he is so controlling and angry is becuase he feels like shit for needing the help.

AllyB_
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:23 AM

that is abuse. you are right to want out. get out

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Quoting fudgybuddymom:

Get out now before it gets worse!

Allbrisafam
by Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Deffinately stuck in a situation like this sucks 

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:50 PM

HUGS HUGS HUGS..I agree, you need to get away from him...

kaydence0207
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I would fuck someone up that was mean to my kids. My fiance treats my daughter like the queen of the world and she is not biologically his.

Leave.

D.O.E.
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Whos name is on the mortgage?
Generaly in a separation the woman and children keep the home and the man leaves

Quoting kelliamber006:

My mom but she is out of town (30 mins) but that would mean my daughter going to a different school

Quoting Rotorkitty:

Definitely need out. Give him an ultimatum to change or leave. Have any family or friends who can help?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)