Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Ive been with my boyfriend for 2 years. We are pregnant with our first (31 weeks) and I have 2 children from my past relationship...
I cant take it anymore. I feel like I was destined to be alone. Im not happy with him anymore. He treats me like crap. Yelled at me tonight that my daughters costume got glitter everywhere. Yelled at me because i set my keys on the counter vs on the key ring...Always yelling at me if I dont clean enough, will rub it in my face that I lost my job and he has been making our house mortgage. Is always yelling and rude to my children, always is so quick to spank them and is very rough with them. I just feel like I need to be alone....that no man is worth this trouble :( I need help. I cant even cry in front of him because he will make fun of me and cal me a baby...I think I need out
by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Replies (31-40):
kelliamber006
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Over the past year... they have given him WELLLLL over $6,000. 2 credit cards he didnt pay it just maxed out. And gifts he cried he couldn't afford. New lawn mower, freezer, grill...new tires on his car last week!! Its constant.

Quoting ferrellmt:

Quoting kelliamber006:

She only knows a little bit. I dont like everytime I get mad at him to go running to her. Part of the time im just over reacting.... but Lately (past 6 months) it has gotten to him putting me down and belitting me. He will call my mom not a good person because his mom and dad are always giving him money if he gets caught up in bills and my mom cant because she cant afford it... heck I dont even ask her because im an adult and I need to deal with my money issues if they come up.

Quoting HlthyandatHome:

Have you talked to your mom?  Does she know the situation? 

I'm with everyone else here.  While the emotional abuse you are receiving from him is damaging any smidgen of self-respect you have, think about the impact it is going to have on the way your daughter views relationships.  She is learning how to be a "wife" and "mommy" from watching you and studies have shown that those from abusive homes often find themselves in abusive situations as well.  Do this for your daughter but also know that it has to be done for you too.

It's time.

WAIT.

His mommy and daddy give him money to help with bills? Oh yeah, he just lost my respect (not that he had it)...he is not manning up at all, if he can run to them for financial help. In fact, it may be why he is so controlling and angry is becuase he feels like shit for needing the help.

kelliamber006
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Both... but I wouldnt want to stay.

Quoting D.O.E.:

Whos name is on the mortgage?

Generaly in a separation the woman and children keep the home and the man leaves

Quoting kelliamber006:

My mom but she is out of town (30 mins) but that would mean my daughter going to a different school

Quoting Rotorkitty:

Definitely need out. Give him an ultimatum to change or leave. Have any family or friends who can help?

teemama714
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry that you are in this situation. Any decision you make at this point will seem hard but I can tell by your words that you will be very happy with a decision to leave. Believe in yourself. We, women are powerful creatures! There is lots of help for you through Government Assistance until you can land back on your feet. And know that you will land back on your feet! The hurt and the pain of leaving is temporary. But the peace you will find in your freedom and dignity will last you a life time! He reminds me of my soon to be ex-husband. He has that passive aggressive character. Those type are very condescending on how they speak to you as if you are not good enough!!! But the fact that you are able to recognize this type of behavior and know that it is wrong, proves that you are better than good enough!!! You are strong!!! Good luck! I wish you the best!

RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:49 PM

get out.

hugs

GrayZane
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:22 AM
You should go while he is at work .. You cannot raise children around that, your mom will help you or try her best too.

Quoting kelliamber006:

Ive been with my boyfriend for 2 years. We are pregnant with our first (31 weeks) and I have 2 children from my past relationship...

I cant take it anymore. I feel like I was destined to be alone. Im not happy with him anymore. He treats me like crap. Yelled at me tonight that my daughters costume got glitter everywhere. Yelled at me because i set my keys on the counter vs on the key ring...Always yelling at me if I dont clean enough, will rub it in my face that I lost my job and he has been making our house mortgage. Is always yelling and rude to my children, always is so quick to spank them and is very rough with them. I just feel like I need to be alone....that no man is worth this trouble :( I need help. I cant even cry in front of him because he will make fun of me and cal me a baby...I think I need out

Dianaaa
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Your girls are just girls don't make miserable their life's. Leave him!!! you are going to be okay much better without him, your kids deserve a lovely family and not what are they suffering because him and you!!! Ask for legal help, there is always programs I know some church's provide temporal help or helpful information. If you love your children's leave him, he is not gonna change!!! And just remember men everywhere but your kids they always will be your kids and you should be strong enought for protect them. You deserves someone who can loves you, and accept and love your kids. Your girls needs you!!
ChannaMom
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:44 AM

He sounds as if he is verbally abusive. You have three little people that should be a priority in your life. Don't allow them to grow up  in this environment because they will emulate what they see. If you can't afford to leave try counseling or stay with parents. Remember it will only be a temporary setback.

kelliamber006
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:26 AM
He told me last night that I wont leave because I would have to pull my daughter from school to move.... he then says "you know how many peoole would think your a horrible mom if you did that to your daughter"
Butterfly-MOM78
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Awww...this is so sad to read..frustratedif u want to chat, I'm here for you. I, too, have been in a relationship like this...

Butterfly-MOM78
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:05 AM

I'm sorry but I had no choice to leave. Situation was different however becuz we didn't children together. Suggestion? Consider finding family you can relocate with. I understand your getting ready to have the baby so I lost for words on that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN