Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (November 1st)

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:09 AM
  • 67 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice dayRobin

by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
powlight33
by New Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 12:57 AM

my children are of adult age...my daughter is 18 & is making decisions I do not applaud?

powlight33
by New Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:12 AM

She has moved in with her boyfriend & his family & thinks she is suppose to support his family with her child support? I am a single parent whom has raised 4 children...3 of whom are from my late husband..my daughter was supported with my late husbands support for 7 years before attorney general child support became enforced...of which I did not demand backpay when pay was mediated? She is 18 making decisions of which concern me & her future? I love my daughter & would like to maintain a healthy relationship of which is balanced with integrity?

JenziV
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Hi my name Jen, 

I have been living in Nigeria Weat Africa for almost 2 years. I moved here with my Fiance who got a job here. It was easier than having to travel back and forth trying to visit. I am South African and grew up on a farm in a very smal place on the border between Botswana and South Africa called Tom Burke.

I was married for 14 years before getting divorced and have 2 daughters. Michelle is almost 19 and is currently writting her matric final exams. She lives with her dad. Maxi is 16 and finished school via online high school. She lives with me.

Love cooking, baking and im currently trying to write a bok about my chaotic life in Nigeria. It gets lonely out here so thats one of my reasons for appearing here today. Just some adult conversation......

Desidawn09
by New Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 3:01 AM

Im currently a stay at home mom and my baby is 9 months old and he's a boy. I've lived in Georgia my whole life and my husband and I just moved 2 hours away from my family. We're still in Georgia but my husband works all the time. I dont really know anyone here and I want to make friends :) I met my husband 1 year and a half ago through a friend who I worked with at the time. My friend gave him my number and he says to this day, he knew I was gonna be his wife as soon as he heard my voice. :) 3 months after we met, we started discussing marriage and a couple of weeks after that, we found out that I was unexpectedly pregnant. 1 month after that, he got down one knee and we have been married for a year now! I dont enjoy being alone very much. Sometimes it's nice but I try to keep myself busy by watching tv or browsing the internet. That gets old after a while and I wish I had more friends in my new town. I'm a very happy person and I try to be postive. I love my family and I wouldn't change anything about my life.

nikifinch
by New Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 4:43 AM

Hi, my name is Niki. I am obviously the first new member for the day and the newest one in your community. I am very excited to join such a great group of people who share their problems and happy moments.

The one thing I like about the Internet the most is that no matter where one lives, she is capable of communicating with people from all over the world. And these people's problems are so alike despite the different culture and nationality.

I hope I can be helpful to some of you, as I am interested in writing about home improvement and design. And I am also sure that I will find a lot of friends here as well as people who are going to give me very precious pieces of advice.

Have a great day.

Regards, Niki.

Skittles1988
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:16 AM

Hello everyone :)

I have a wonderful daughter who is 1.5 years old. She's the joy of my life and I can't imagine my life without her. 

I grew up in small towns, mostly in Montana, Idaho, and Washington. I am currently living abroad in Pakistan with my husband and daughter as a stay at home mom.

My husband and I met while at college, in fact it was both our first semesters when we got together. He was on track to earn his Master's degree and I was a undergraduate freshman for a B.A. in, well, I wasn't sure yet.

I love to read and write, meet new people, draw, sing, shop once in a while. Nothing too interesting but it's entertaining all the same.

I am hoping to make new friends, talk, chitchat and just enjoy the company of other moms out there ;)

Skittles1988
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:40 AM

Hello Jen!

My name is Dawn.

It's interesting to hear where you are from. I can relate to needing some adult conversation. I'm living abroad in Pakistan right now, heading into my second year here actually. I know what it's like to feel isolated a bit sometimes. I'm from the states so it can be a little lonely being in a foreign country.

How are you liking the area you live in? I must confess I know next to nothing about those areas besides what little I see on the Discovery Channel lol. 

Quoting JenziV:

Hi my name Jen, 

I have been living in Nigeria Weat Africa for almost 2 years. I moved here with my Fiance who got a job here. It was easier than having to travel back and forth trying to visit. I am South African and grew up on a farm in a very smal place on the border between Botswana and South Africa called Tom Burke.

I was married for 14 years before getting divorced and have 2 daughters. Michelle is almost 19 and is currently writting her matric final exams. She lives with her dad. Maxi is 16 and finished school via online high school. She lives with me.

Love cooking, baking and im currently trying to write a bok about my chaotic life in Nigeria. It gets lonely out here so thats one of my reasons for appearing here today. Just some adult conversation......

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Sorry to hear what you're going through.
Have you tried to talk with her, her bf & his family?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting powlight33:

She has moved in with her boyfriend & his family & thinks she is suppose to support his family with her child support? I am a single parent whom has raised 4 children...3 of whom are from my late husband..my daughter was supported with my late husbands support for 7 years before attorney general child support became enforced...of which I did not demand backpay when pay was mediated? She is 18 making decisions of which concern me & her future? I love my daughter & would like to maintain a healthy relationship of which is balanced with integrity?

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Welcome to the group,
Hugd to you hon ;)

Quoting powlight33:

my children are of adult age...my daughter is 18 & is making decisions I do not applaud?

hugss

by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Jen,
What kind of things do you like to bake?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting JenziV:

Hi my name Jen, 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)