Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What was your baby announcement like?

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:47 AM
  • 3 Replies

Couple Deserves to 'Swagger' Through Their Funny Baby Announcement (VIDEO)

by Adriana Velez

taylor babyIt was a struggle for Utah couple Jalene and Lincoln Taylor to conceive a baby. "Infertility is a very difficult, emotional roller coaster," Jalene told Today. "One of the things that helped keep our spirits up was thinking of fun ideas on how to announce our pregnancy when it finally happened." Through fertility treatments Jalene became pregnant this summer only to suffer a miscarriage. But they tried again, and this time: The pregnancy took! It felt like a miracle. But Jalene and Lincoln took more Earth-bound inspiration for their baby announcement. They love the Toyota Swagger Wagon ad, so they made up their own rap to the same beats. Here is their baby announcement video, "Taylor Baby."

It's pretty close to the original ad -- in an awesome way. A friend shot the video for them, and they recorded the rap in a studio. Not bad! But this isn't about the production values. This is about the swagger.

You wouldn't normally swagger in your baby announcement, but if you've fought your way through fertility issues, I think you've earned yourself the right. Anyway, swagger or no swagger, this is adorable. Someday that baby is going to watch this video and see how fun their parents are. 

What am I saying? I think their kid will already know what fun parents they have before they ever see this video. Jalene and Lincoln are hilarious on screen, so you can imagine what they're like in real life. Still, what a cool gift for their future child. I think the announcement will really bring home how dearly wanted this baby is.

If you could do any kind of video baby announcement, where would you get your inspiration?

by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
smscott23
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 9:51 AM
That was interesting:) very cute!
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:16 AM

How about that. Best of luck to them.

I'd probably do something more along the lines of the Sound of Music, or Fiddler on the Roof.

jessicalahlah
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Nothing like that lol. It was a collage of pictures.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)