Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How many trick or treaters did you get? Is this what you expected?

Posted by   + Show Post

We sadly didn't get any. Now I have to eat all of that candy. Heh!

Seriously, though, I love seeing the little ones in their costumes, it is just so far back here that we often don't get trick or treaters.

by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Replies (31-40):
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 4:49 PM

I don't like that idea either-  painting all the curbs red. Where are the homeowners and their guests supposed to park!

Quoting cLanief:

some of our neighbors blocked off their culdesac so people couldn't park there and the only thing that neighbors were really bugged about was cars parked everywhere. Our road is barely wide enough for two cars and when cars are parked on both sides of the road... its kind of bad. But it wasnt horrible. Our hoa is kind of douchey about parking anyways.. theyve already threatened the entire neighborhood that they'll have the city come in and paint the curbs red which is stupid because most of our driveways are tiny to begin with.

Quoting Bmat:

Gosh! This insane! It doesn't sound like a lot of fun for the neighborhood either for that many children to come.

Quoting cLanief:

I found out last night that our neighborhood is one of the ones people come to and take over. It was fucking insane!!!!!!! I bought 5 bags of candy thinking wed have some left afterwards cuz it'd just be our neighbors toting. No. I was soooo very wrong!!!!! We were out of candy within 40mins. Ive never seen so many cars in my little neighborhood. Really shitty to have to turn off your light after 40 minutes. We didn't even make it to 7pm!!!! In frickin sane

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Usually that's all we get, too.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I wasn't home, but we never get more than 1 or 2.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Woah! This is wild! That's so many that it can't be much fun. :(  or did you enjoy it?

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

I didn't expect many since it was rainy, but I was very wrong. We ran out of candy within 10 minutes, got more, and that was out within 5. We just moved here and were told to expect around 200 but bought twice as much candy just in case. Apparently everyone comes in to our neighborhood because theirs are too small o.O

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 4:53 PM

*nodding*  These are good ideas. I know that at work that treats go pretty quickly.

Quoting ZombieChicken:

My husband is bringing it to work. Then leftovers will go to the dentist and sent to the troops.

Quoting Bmat:

Oh my goodness!!  That much leftover candy! And 50 children! What will you do with the candy?

Quoting ZombieChicken:

It was cold and windy, we got maybe 50. We have about 30lb of leftover candy.

cLanief
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Our guests are supposed to park at fredmeyers.. outside of our complex a block away across a 5 lane road

Quoting Bmat:

I don't like that idea either-  painting all the curbs red. Where are the homeowners and their guests supposed to park!

Quoting cLanief:

some of our neighbors blocked off their culdesac so people couldn't park there and the only thing that neighbors were really bugged about was cars parked everywhere. Our road is barely wide enough for two cars and when cars are parked on both sides of the road... its kind of bad. But it wasnt horrible. Our hoa is kind of douchey about parking anyways.. theyve already threatened the entire neighborhood that they'll have the city come in and paint the curbs red which is stupid because most of our driveways are tiny to begin with.

Quoting Bmat:

Gosh! This insane! It doesn't sound like a lot of fun for the neighborhood either for that many children to come.

Quoting cLanief:

I found out last night that our neighborhood is one of the ones people come to and take over. It was fucking insane!!!!!!! I bought 5 bags of candy thinking wed have some left afterwards cuz it'd just be our neighbors toting. No. I was soooo very wrong!!!!! We were out of candy within 40mins. Ive never seen so many cars in my little neighborhood. Really shitty to have to turn off your light after 40 minutes. We didn't even make it to 7pm!!!! In frickin sane

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Oh no!!!  This doesn't sound good. :(

Quoting cLanief:

Our guests are supposed to park at fredmeyers.. outside of our complex a block away across a 5 lane road

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting cLanief:

SpnFulOfSugar
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Between 250 and 400 I think was the estimate
cLanief
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Apparently we're supposed to carpool them in. Thats insane imo.

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting cLanief:

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting cLanief:

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Yes it is.  >:-(

Quoting cLanief:

Apparently we're supposed to carpool them in. Thats insane imo.

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting cLanief:

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting cLanief:

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Wow!  I just can't imagine this many.

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

Between 250 and 400 I think was the estimate

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)