Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How many trick or treaters did you get? Is this what you expected?

Posted by   + Show Post

We sadly didn't get any. Now I have to eat all of that candy. Heh!

Seriously, though, I love seeing the little ones in their costumes, it is just so far back here that we often don't get trick or treaters.

by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Replies (41-50):
xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:15 PM
No, not really. We were just overwhelmed. And DS decided he was done trick or treating very quickly, probably in part because it was so crowded. I noticed a lot of neighbors didn't bring their kids out, just had them help hand out candy. Seems to me that all of these kids trying to visit the “best neighborhood“ ruined it for the ones actually living here. Downfall to living near an elementary school, I guess.

Quoting Bmat:

Woah! This is wild! That's so many that it can't be much fun. :(  or did you enjoy it?

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

I didn't expect many since it was rainy, but I was very wrong. We ran out of candy within 10 minutes, got more, and that was out within 5. We just moved here and were told to expect around 200 but bought twice as much candy just in case. Apparently everyone comes in to our neighborhood because theirs are too small o.O

SpnFulOfSugar
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:27 PM
It was crazy. We live in a really rural area so we pass out can't at MIL who lives in an upscale neighborhood. They had bumper to bumper cars from 5 until after 9. It was awful especially since 99% of the people did not live in that neighborhood.

Quoting Bmat:

Wow!  I just can't imagine this many.

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

Between 250 and 400 I think was the estimate

Petyonsmommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:29 PM
:-( 3 I got 3 trick or treaters
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Our neighborhood is sort of hidden and  very small, so no one visits except the ones that live In it.

Quoting Bmat:

Usually that's all we get, too.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I wasn't home, but we never get more than 1 or 2.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:36 PM

I would think that when parents from other places noticed hundreds of children trick or treating that they'd have the good sense to go elsewhere.  >:-(

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

No, not really. We were just overwhelmed. And DS decided he was done trick or treating very quickly, probably in part because it was so crowded. I noticed a lot of neighbors didn't bring their kids out, just had them help hand out candy. Seems to me that all of these kids trying to visit the “best neighborhood“ ruined it for the ones actually living here. Downfall to living near an elementary school, I guess.

Quoting Bmat:

Woah! This is wild! That's so many that it can't be much fun. :(  or did you enjoy it?

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

I didn't expect many since it was rainy, but I was very wrong. We ran out of candy within 10 minutes, got more, and that was out within 5. We just moved here and were told to expect around 200 but bought twice as much candy just in case. Apparently everyone comes in to our neighborhood because theirs are too small o.O

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:37 PM

This is awful. :(   What are people thinking!!

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

It was crazy. We live in a really rural area so we pass out can't at MIL who lives in an upscale neighborhood. They had bumper to bumper cars from 5 until after 9. It was awful especially since 99% of the people did not live in that neighborhood.

Quoting Bmat:

Wow!  I just can't imagine this many.

Quoting SpnFulOfSugar:

Between 250 and 400 I think was the estimate

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Aw.  :(

Quoting Petyonsmommy:

autodidact
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:38 PM

in the burbs and didn't get a single one by seven when we headed out ourselves. 

Petyonsmommy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:40 PM
We are still ttc and having a very hard time. Halloween us one of my favorite holidays I was looking forward to seeing ail the kids dressed up it just makes me happy.
I was so said when 9 hit and we had only the 3 kids.

Quoting Bmat:

Aw.  :(

Quoting Petyonsmommy:

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:43 PM

That's too bad. Especially if you'd thought you would.

Quoting autodidact:

in the burbs and didn't get a single one by seven when we headed out ourselves. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)