Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How many trick or treaters did you get? Is this what you expected?

Posted by   + Show Post

We sadly didn't get any. Now I have to eat all of that candy. Heh!

Seriously, though, I love seeing the little ones in their costumes, it is just so far back here that we often don't get trick or treaters.

by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Replies (71-78):
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:05 AM
We bought 150 full size candy bars. We ran out and had to dip into our back up a little. It was about what we expected.
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:30 AM

That's a lot of candy. :)  It is good that you had a back up. One year I had nothing and had to try to figure out what I could give out. :)-  found some pre-packaged pretzels. :)

Quoting justinnaimee:

We bought 150 full size candy bars. We ran out and had to dip into our back up a little. It was about what we expected.

MissSaraReneeYo
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I know. I was looking forward to all the costumes. Oh how times change. Rain would have never stopped me as a kid!

Quoting Bmat:

Too bad that the rain stopped the festivities.

Quoting MissSaraReneeYo:

We had 1 little girl. That was it. Due to it raining all day

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:36 AM

LOL!!!  I also remember wearing my costume over a winter coat and mittens it was so cold. :)

Quoting MissSaraReneeYo:

I know. I was looking forward to all the costumes. Oh how times change. Rain would have never stopped me as a kid!

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting MissSaraReneeYo:

MomTiara19
by Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

About 100 and then I ran out of candy.

I should have bought more candy.There are alot of kids in my neighborhood.

MissSaraReneeYo
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Right? We were tough little kids. man we wanted that candy.

Quoting Bmat:

LOL!!!  I also remember wearing my costume over a winter coat and mittens it was so cold. :)

Quoting MissSaraReneeYo:

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting MissSaraReneeYo:

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 10:50 AM

LOL!!!  That's right. :)  I remember filling my bag by visiting one side of the neighborhood, then going home and dumping the candy there and going back out to visit the other side of the neighborhood.  When I look back on it, I think why in the world did I want all of that candy.

Quoting MissSaraReneeYo:

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting MissSaraReneeYo:

MissSaraReneeYo
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Same here! I always went balls out with my little brother haha! wed have pillow cases full of candy! And would take us a year to eat it. But we were kids haha. I also remember mom and dad hiding all the candy :P

Quoting Bmat:

LOL!!!  That's right. :)  I remember filling my bag by visiting one side of the neighborhood, then going home and dumping the candy there and going back out to visit the other side of the neighborhood.  When I look back on it, I think why in the world did I want all of that candy.

Quoting MissSaraReneeYo:

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting MissSaraReneeYo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)