Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (November 6th)

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 293 Replies
3 moms liked this

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anastasia44
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:17 AM
6 moms liked this

Hello, my name is Anastasia. I am currently live in Macao, with my 2 daughters (age 7 and 10). I grew up in South Sulawesi, moved to Jakarta at the age of 10 (Indonesia). I met my husband in the place we both work in Bali (Indonesia), he is Austrian.

I am currently working on my PhD thesis, and I really want to know your opinion on Third Culture Kids _ kids who grew up in many countries, speak many languages  (either you are TCK yourself, or raising TCK, or know any TCK).

Today I am telling myself not to be too ambitious ...

Please let me know if you are keen to be in touch

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:36 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to CafeMom Anastasia,
It might be helpful if you post your question in the mai forum here.
That way you'll get more replies/answers .. nice to meet you :)

Quoting Anastasia44:

Hello, my name is Anastasia. I am currently live in Macao, with my 2 daughters (age 7 and 10). I grew up in South Sulawesi, moved to Jakarta at the age of 10 (Indonesia). I met my husband in the place we both work in Bali (Indonesia), he is Austrian.

I am currently working on my PhD thesis, and I really want to know your opinion on Third Culture Kids _ kids who grew up in many countries, speak many languages  (either you are TCK yourself, or raising TCK, or know any TCK).

Nikay241513
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:32 AM
2 moms liked this
Hello my name is Nichole and my boyfriend and I have a son together who will be 2 next weekend. We recently bought our first home in NH and we are very happy about it. We are a very busy family! In our free time together we like to go outside and play with our son Brody. He loves the outdoors and being involved in activities such as soccer!
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Hi Anastasia! Welcome to the group =) Good luck with your thesis! How much longer do you have in school?

Quoting Anastasia44:

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:43 AM
Welcome Nichole! That's so exciting that you just bought your first house! Congrats! What kinds of things do you like doing in your free time for fun?

Quoting Nikay241513:

Hello my name is Nichole and my boyfriend and I have a son together who will be 2 next weekend. We recently bought our first home in NH and we are very happy about it. We are a very busy family! In our free time together we like to go outside and play with our son Brody. He loves the outdoors and being involved in activities such as soccer!
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:05 AM
Quoting hanbiw:

Hello world

Hello and welcome to CafeMom!

How are you doing today?
SCADMom
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:30 AM
2 moms liked this

Hey y'all..my name is Heather. I live in an itty bitty town called Guyton just outside of Savannah Ga. I have 4 children, Robert(21) is a coal miner in WV, Kristi Anne(19) she is getting ready to head off to SCAD in Jan, Dakoda(14) my wrestler and Gavin(13) the comedian. 2 Great Danes, 4 cats and a ton of fish.

My husband and I have been married 9yrs. He was medically retired from the Army due to injuries he sustained on multiply deployments. I am his fulltime caregiver.

I love to read and be crafty. I am teaching myself how to quilt right now.

I need to get back on the work out wagon and start losing the weight again.

Anastasia44
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:21 AM

I am hoping to finish in June 2014, and have my defense in September 2014. 

HOw about you? How do you occupy your time? 

Anastasia44
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:23 AM

Thank you for suggestion. I just dont know how to start here. Really new to this site. I will start by making a new post, isnt it the way?

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:36 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Nichole,
Congrats to you both on buying your first home!
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Nikay241513:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)