Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (November 16th)

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 46 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Nov. 16, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ryderandme
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Hi everyone! 

My name is Sarah and I found this community and hope to make some new mom friends and share our story.

I am 28yrs old, I live in VA with my boyfriend of 4 years. We had our first child this year, born in May. The only thing is Ryder wasn't due until August! We had our little miracle 3.5 months early at just  24 weeks + 5 days. He weighed 1lb 7oz when born and just 12 inches long. Our journey began at 19 weeks when we went in for a routine ultrasound and they caught in the images that my cervix looked to be funneling and had thinned. I was admitted to the hosiptal for an emergency cerclage which we were told may not hold. It didn't. After only being home for about a week and half I was re-admitted to the hospital at 21 weeks and there I stayed until Ryder was born. By the time I was back in the hospital my cervix was down to almost nothing and my bag was bulging. I was on strict bedrest, but from what seemed to be my membranes rupturing caused my water to break and infection to begin. We had to deliver because I was getting very sick. Once Ryder was born, my levels went right back down and we avoided infection. It had turned out that the infection was in my placenta. 

We spent a long 3.5 months in the NICU and Ryder came home just a week before his actual due date. He himself fought an infection at just 2 weeks old which almost took him from us. After that his main challenge was coming off of the ventilator. His lungs were very premature and it took some time to get them to want to behave. We would have really good days where they would look great and we would come way down on oxygen. Then some days they were very hazy and would have sticky spots. It seemed after some time his lungs started to behave somewhat normal, but we just couldnt kick the ventilator. He had an open valve in his heart that naturally closes at a full term birth to allow oxygenated blood to reach the lungs. With this valve open, his lungs were not continuosly recieving this blood. So at 2.5 months old he had surgery to close the valve and after that he was a new baby! After surgery, we spent about another month in the NICU and then he was able to come home. He came home on a small amount of oxygen with us being told he would probably be on it for a few more months depending. 2.5 weeks later at his first pulmonary appointment he was taken completely off of oxygen and never went back on. 

He is now 6 months old (2.5 adjusted, meaning where he should be developmentally) and at his 6 month well visit was put more in line with a 4 month old. He is doing extremely well and is truly our little miracle :) 

I am a stay at home mom, so I am looking to connect with other stay at home mom's to share advice, stories etc. We are currently moving in with my mom, to save money as we would like to buy our first house by the spring. Also to keep my mom company as my father just passed away on Nov. 9th. He battled ALS for 2 years and things got pretty bad over the last month. 

Can't wait to chat, looking forward to being a part of this community

Thanks, 

Sarah 

m2b2011
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 2:40 AM
My name is Amanda. I have a little boy that's 2 And one on the way due in January Its going to be a girl. I grew up in Central Kentucky on live in Western Kentucky now. I met my husband as stockyard I was a waitress and he was a cattle hand.When I get time to myself I like to sit and relax and quiet. Right now I'm looking forward to spending time with my husband tomorrow

Quoting Cafe Robin:

Hi,

You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

have a nice day    Robin

chantalle314
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 2:49 AM

hello, im chantal and im a first time mother

trishmo36
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Hello everyone my name is Patricia. Im originally from New York but now live in Baltimore, MD. I have 2 children, daughter 9 yrs and son 6 yrs old. I have been divorce for almost 5 yrs and I need a support group to talk to other thst are going through the same time as I am.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/supportive group :)
2 minutes ago
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Sarah,
What a little cutie your little one is,
So glad your miracle baby is such a fighter.
How is he doing now?  Great to meet you :)

Quoting ryderandme:

Hi everyone! 

My name is Sarah and I found this community and hope to make some new mom friends and share our story.

I am 28yrs old, I live in VA with my boyfriend of 4 years. We had our first child this year, born in May. The only thing is Ryder wasn't due until August! We had our little miracle 3.5 months early at just  24 weeks + 5 days. He weighed 1lb 7oz when born and just 12 inches long. Our journey began at 19 weeks when we went in for a routine ultrasound and they caught in the images that my cervix looked to be funneling and had thinned. I was admitted to the hosiptal for an emergency cerclage which we were told may not hold. It didn't. After only being home for about a week and half I was re-admitted to the hospital at 21 weeks and there I stayed until Ryder was born. By the time I was back in the hospital my cervix was down to almost nothing and my bag was bulging. I was on strict bedrest, but from what seemed to be my membranes rupturing caused my water to break and infection to begin. We had to deliver because I was getting very sick. Once Ryder was born, my levels went right back down and we avoided infection. It had turned out that the infection was in my placenta. 

We spent a long 3.5 months in the NICU and Ryder came home just a week before his actual due date. He himself fought an infection at just 2 weeks old which almost took him from us. After that his main challenge was coming off of the ventilator. His lungs were very premature and it took some time to get them to want to behave. We would have really good days where they would look great and we would come way down on oxygen. Then some days they were very hazy and would have sticky spots. It seemed after some time his lungs started to behave somewhat normal, but we just couldnt kick the ventilator. He had an open valve in his heart that naturally closes at a full term birth to allow oxygenated blood to reach the lungs. With this valve open, his lungs were not continuosly recieving this blood. So at 2.5 months old he had surgery to close the valve and after that he was a new baby! After surgery, we spent about another month in the NICU and then he was able to come home. He came home on a small amount of oxygen with us being told he would probably be on it for a few more months depending. 2.5 weeks later at his first pulmonary appointment he was taken completely off of oxygen and never went back on. 

He is now 6 months old (2.5 adjusted, meaning where he should be developmentally) and at his 6 month well visit was put more in line with a 4 month old. He is doing extremely well and is truly our little miracle :) 

I am a stay at home mom, so I am looking to connect with other stay at home mom's to share advice, stories etc. We are currently moving in with my mom, to save money as we would like to buy our first house by the spring. Also to keep my mom company as my father just passed away on Nov. 9th. He battled ALS for 2 years and things got pretty bad over the last month. 

Thanks, 

Sarah 

hugss
2 minutes ago

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Amanda,
Congrats on being pregnant with your little girl.
Have a name picked out yet?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting m2b2011:

My name is Amanda. I have a little boy that's 2 And one on the way due in January Its going to be a girl. I grew up in Central Kentucky on live in Western Kentucky now. I met my husband as stockyard I was a waitress and he was a cattle hand.When I get time to myself I like to sit and relax and quiet. Right now I'm looking forward to spending time with my husband tomorrow

Quoting Cafe Robin:

Hi,

have a nice day    Robin

hugss
2 minutes ago

by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Chantal,
How old is your little one?  Happy to meet you :)

Quoting chantalle314:

hello, im chantal and im a first time mother

hugss
2 minutes ago

by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Patricia,
This is a great place for support!  Great to meet you :)

Quoting trishmo36:

Hello everyone my name is Patricia. Im originally from New York but now live in Baltimore, MD. I have 2 children, daughter 9 yrs and son 6 yrs old. I have been divorce for almost 5 yrs and I need a support group to talk to other thst are going through the same time as I am.

NatesMom2011
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:01 AM

My name is Amber and I have one son named Nathaniel who is 2 years old well more like practically 3 years old in feb.

I have grown up in Calgary Alberta my entire life and have never left.

I dont have a significant other i am a single momma

I would love to have more time to myself but when i do get that time i am usually reading or watching tv and even though we dont like to admit it my free time is spent cleaning.

I had a huge battle with post partum depression after my son was born and somedays i feel like that depression might be kicking in again i have a lot on my plate being a full time student on top of being a mom. I havent been able to lose my baby weight and i am sad about that. I want to connect with other people and have that support i feel like i am lacking from my family and friends.

emilysmom214
by Member on Nov. 16, 2013 at 11:09 AM

wow your story really touched me. i had to stop myself from crying. i am so happy he is doing much better!! from your pictures he looks like a happy baby in the bottom pictures. welcome to cafemom

Quoting ryderandme:

Hi everyone! 

Thanks, 

Sarah 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)