Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (November 24th)

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 48 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jeni_S
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 1:03 AM
2 moms liked this

Thank you for the welcome! I DESPERATELY need some advice!   : ) 

I have already raised my children (they are soon to be 27 & 24) -- In April, I remarried and my husband has two daughters who have just turned 19 & 14. My problem really is more with my husband than his girls -- he has a SERIOUS lack of parenting skills and his 14 year old is VERY quickly heading down a destructive path and I can't seem to get him to "step up to the plate" and BE A PARENT! I'm looking forward to meeting some other step parents who may have some advice for me and I'd GLADLY provide advice from my own parenting experiences. Thanks!!

Jeni

neta069
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I have (6) kids 4 boys 2 girls! 2. I grew up in Peoria Az. And now I live in Phoenix! 3. I met my husband when I took my nephew to ser him..love @ first sight..4. When I have time to myself ill do my nails ,shop or simply relax and read a book! 5. What's on my mind today was to keep my kids insid warm and snuggly..
hugss
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 3:19 AM

WElcome to CafeMom,
Assume you have tried talking with him? Is her Mom around?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Jeni_S:

I have already raised my children (they are soon to be 27 & 24) -- In April, I remarried and my husband has two daughters who have just turned 19 & 14. My problem really is more with my husband than his girls -- he has a SERIOUS lack of parenting skills and his 14 year old is VERY quickly heading down a destructive path and I can't seem to get him to "step up to the plate" and BE A PARENT! I'm looking forward to meeting some other step parents who may have some advice for me and I'd GLADLY provide advice from my own parenting experiences. Thanks!!

Jeni

hugss
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 3:20 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
How old are your kids?  Hope you managed to stay warm.
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting neta069:

Mobile Photo

I have (6) kids 4 boys 2 girls! 2. I grew up in Peoria Az. And now I live in Phoenix! 3. I met my husband when I took my nephew to ser him..love @ first sight..4. When I have time to myself ill do my nails ,shop or simply relax and read a book! 5. What's on my mind today was to keep my kids insid warm and snuggly..

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Wow, that is a hard situation to find yourself in. Rush right over to this group, they might have some advice for you.

Join us in Stepmom Central

Quoting Jeni_S:

Jeni

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Hi, nice to meet you! Is it cold in Phoenix?

Quoting neta069:

Mobile Photo

Genesis33
by on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Hello, and thanks for the welcome. My name is Faith and I am a first time mother. I joined to get some advice, much needed information, and maybe even a few laughs from other mothers as I embark on this new adventure. I hope to chat with you soon!!

FayFay
jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Hi Jeni, welcome to the group! Your concerns may get more responses if you make your own post in the group. More people will see it that way. :) good luck.

Quoting Jeni_S:

Jeni

jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Welcome to the group. How old are your children?

Quoting neta069:

Mobile Photo

jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Nov. 24, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Hi Faith. Welcome to the group! Are you currently pregnant or how old is your little one?

It can be scary being a first time mom. My son turns 2 on Thursday. You are always learning something everyday. There is a group on Facebook called first time moms you may be interested in.

Quoting Genesis33:

Hello, and thanks for the welcome. My name is Faith and I am a first time mother. I joined to get some advice, much needed information, and maybe even a few laughs from other mothers as I embark on this new adventure. I hope to chat with you soon!!

FayFay

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)