Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

cloth diapers???

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:04 PM
  • 11 Replies

so my husband and I are considering doing cloth diapers this time around we are looking at all of our options but we dont know exatly what we are looking for as this would be our first go around with them. what is the best brand to get? Which one is the most absorbant with the fewest amount of leaks? I am also into the cute little patterns which ones offer the cutest patterns witout sacrifising the quality? What detergent do you use of do you use a detergent? (we are currently only 16 weeks and just looking options) Where is the best place to order them? we know there is no such thing as quality and cheap but where is the best quality but on the inexpensive side to order? I have been looking into the bum genius but they dont really have a lot of patterns that I have found 

by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 12:34 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Wish I could help but am sure someone else will be able to :)

LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Really it just depends I preference. I like pocket diapers like fuzzi bunz. You have to put a filler inside the diaper and when you wash it you pull it out. This makes them dry faster. That's the only reason why I like them better.

I had some wool and fleece for when dd had a rash (food allergies) and it let the air get to her bum without getting other things everywhere.

You can alwys add an insert if you need more absorbency.
hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Check out the cuties with cloth booties group they have lots of info.
hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Also I want to say that cloth is completely doable even for busy moms! I cloth diaper my little guy. We are a very busy family. We have 4 boys that live with us and my SS every other weekend. I work outside the home. My daycare does cloth too!
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Hi! 

This is a great question for the Babies group.  :)

cmjustice
by Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Join Cuties with Cloth Booties, lots of good info there. Bum Genius were great diapers and lasted through my son potty learning. But, as far as absorbency goes, fitted diapers are the most absorbent. If you're looking for prints, is look at all the brands of mama-made diapers on www.hyenacart.com or learn to sew your own.
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I prefer mama made diapers to any commercial brands, the best type depends on the fit on the baby and your own preference, there are several different kinds to try. I suggest getting a sample of everything before putting a bunch of money in one brand/type.

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 8:11 PM

WAHM diapers are the best, in my opinion. But we can mostly only afford the cheaper pockets such as Alva and they work just fine. :-)

xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 8:29 PM
You can find some really nice WAHM-made diapers on Hyenacart - some cheap, some not, but certainly a wide variety of types and patterns to choose from.

ETA: You can also sew your own. Totally doable. I learned to sew with cloth diapers and then expanded my horizons :-)
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 2:28 AM

i don't know I just used basic prefolds. and they worked well for me... it takes a few tries to get used to the pins but  you just keep you fingers between the pin and the baby and it is ok.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)