Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Let's Chat! 11/4

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:01 AM
  • 121 Replies
1 mom liked this

Let's Chat!

What's on your mind?  Did you have a good weekend?  What are your plans for this week?

Tell us what's on your mind...

• Reply to this post and let us know what's on your mind today!
  • Chat with the other members by Quoting their replies.

If you're new to CafeMom and have questions, please feel free to ask them here!  

have a nice day  

Tips:
*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!
*To see if anyone has Quoted you, check the My Activity tab at the top of every page.

by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:03 AM
2 moms liked this

I had a long and uneventful weekend, really. The only exciting thing that happened was watching The Walking Dead last night.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:33 AM
I had a ok weekend. We were fairly busy so it helped. Now Im trying to figure out the best solution to get my 6 yr old away from video games. He is highly addicted. No not a joke. He wakes up and the first thing he says, can I play... Im so over it. As of this morning he is grounded from all games. Should be interesting... :/
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Good morning everyone!  I hope you're all having a great day so far!

As for me, I just got both kids off to school after a week off for Fall Break and it feels so good to get back to normal around here!  We're looking forward to a dinner of BLTs with avocado.  Yum! :)

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I've never seen that show, is it good?

Quoting bamababe1975:

I had a long and uneventful weekend, really. The only exciting thing that happened was watching The Walking Dead last night.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Nov. 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Good morning!  

I have to ground my 12 year old from video games sometimes too.  He's already not allowed to play them on school days at all or if his grades fall below a C.

Do you have rules like that or others in place when it comes to the games? 

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

I had a ok weekend. We were fairly busy so it helped. Now Im trying to figure out the best solution to get my 6 yr old away from video games. He is highly addicted. No not a joke. He wakes up and the first thing he says, can I play... Im so over it. As of this morning he is grounded from all games. Should be interesting... :/

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:05 AM
My others aren't into video games luke he is so we didnt have yo set rules. They play every now and then but thats about it But I made them that way lol. Before I got with my hubby we didnt have video games and cimputers in our home. So it worked better. My youngest has had them in his life since.day one :(

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Good morning!  

I have to ground my 12 year old from video games sometimes too.  He's already not allowed to play them on school days at all or if his grades fall below a C.

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Do you like zombies? If so, I think you'd love this. :)
Quoting Cafe AmyS:

I've never seen that show, is it good?

Quoting bamababe1975:

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:54 AM

That does make it harder since it's something that he's always had in his life.  It might be time to talk about some ground rules in this case.

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

My others aren't into video games luke he is so we didnt have yo set rules. They play every now and then but thats about it But I made them that way lol. Before I got with my hubby we didnt have video games and cimputers in our home. So it worked better. My youngest has had them in his life since.day one :(

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Good morning!  

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:55 AM

BIG TIME!!! Dad and I agreed this morning he is grounded for at least a week. He throws any more tantrums like he did today it will be longer and longer. I  cant do his tantrums in the morning. Puts me in a horrible mood for the day :(

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

That does make it harder since it's something that he's always had in his life.  It might be time to talk about some ground rules in this case.

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Good morning!  

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

MrsKerns10
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 12:07 PM

My school work is on my mind, cause I'm confused! I'm trying to do statistics and I don't understand it. I worked all weekend and today is my friday. I have the next three days off and I am hoping to relax and be lazy on at least one of my days off!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)