Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Show off your beautiful moment....

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:56 AM
  • 15 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Since my son was born on 10/30 by c-section I have felt many things but beautiful is not one of them. However I got this wonderful pic of him yesterday that I feel truly defines the word beauty. Anyone else have a similar beautiful moment shortly after a birth they would like to share? On a side note, any suggestions on how to keep a newborn awake long enough finish nursing? He often drifts off after 5 kin or so Because he is tired, then is up again 20 min later because he did not finish. Thanks in advance ;)
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveJoy9563
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:06 AM

My LO does the same thing drifting off. DH and I joke she goes into food coma lol. However I usually sing with her and she awakens and stares at me while I do so. Another thing DH does is points to different parts of her body and names them. That way all three of us are engaged in the beauty

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:14 AM

This is very common for newborns so take his lead on nursing.  You can gently tickle his feet or hands to wake him up.  Five minutes is a good amount to nurse and then be hungry within 30 minutes again. It is a way to build up your supply.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:03 AM

aww, what a sweet photo!!

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 4, 2013 at 7:04 AM

So sweet!

emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Congratulations! He is so precious!!
bebe_ju-rah
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:27 AM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I don't have any newborn nursing pics on my phone but plenty from a few months on. I agree, nothing is more perfect t than nursing a babe :)

Here is a pic of the first time my daughter got to hold her baby brother. He was about 3 hrs old. Perfection!
proudmama1120
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Bump
kysmama08
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Aww that's adorable!

dingysfamily
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

One of the sweetest pictures we have; when we went to meet our granddaughter Reese for the first time, on March 5, 2011.  She was actually born on Sept. 26, 2010 & weighed in at 1 lb, 3 oz at 23 weeks when she was born.  I just love this picture of my dh - Gramps - and her, the way they are looking at each other.  It's a miracle, a real gift from God, that she made it.  Here she is today, this pic was taken on Halloween

proudmama1120
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Great pics!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)