Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

AM I THE ONLY ONE???

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:56 PM
  • 7 Replies
I AM HOMESCHOOLING MOM OF FOUR, VERY NEW AT THIS MIGHT I ADD, AND TRYING TO KEEP MY COOL WHILE ATTEMPTING TO COMPLETE THE OTHER TASKS OF THE DAY. JUST CURIOUS,AM I THE ONLY ONE??? IF NOT, I COULD USE SOME HELPFUL TIPS!!!
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CheyennesMommy2
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 2:59 PM
I had a time like that, I was always irritated and stressed. I fixed it through prayer and finding bible verses that helped me. I also remembered that its not that big of a deal if certain things don't get finished. I just kinda chilled out lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:22 PM
What keeps my cool is exercise, makes me feel peaceful and at ease
Reina13
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I do not homeschool but several of my friends do. It can be stressful but one of them has a system that she uses to make sure lessons are being done and the other daily tasks are taking care of as well. She has an organized chart that includes lessons, chores, tasks, activities and errands on it. It works well for her, but every household is different.

Have you joined the Homeschooling Moms group yet. One of my cafemom friends is in that group and she says it is really supportive. Here is the link for you.

Join us in the Homeschooling Moms group!

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I don't home school but I would imagine it would involve a big learning curve, especially with time management. Maybe implement a priority chart for daily activities.. things that have to get done, things that should get done, and things that can wait a day or two.

Good luck and try not to be hard on yourself!

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:16 PM
I don't homeschool but I also suggest the Homeschooling Moms group that Reina linked you to. There are lots of great moms there who are happy to help you work out a routine that helps you educate your children and keep your sanity in check, too. :)

jconney80
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:44 AM
Welcome to the group! I'm a homeschooling mom. I have 3 kids but only one really old enough to be doing real schoolwork. What curriculum are you using? I'm using Easy Peasy and it is pretty easy!
ERINNICOLE851
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:23 AM
IM USING K12 TEXAS VIRTUAL ACADEMY AND IT IS HARD BECAUSE THERE IS SO MUCH INFO . PLUS THEY DO THIER TESTING ONLINE BUT EVERYTHING ELSE I'M. TEACHING THEM USING MY TEACHER'S GUIDE. SO I'M LEARNING SO MUCH IN THE PROCESS!!!!

Quoting jconney80:

Welcome to the group! I'm a homeschooling mom. I have 3 kids but only one really old enough to be doing real schoolwork. What curriculum are you using? I'm using Easy Peasy and it is pretty easy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)