Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

IM SCREWED!!

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 7:36 PM
  • 36 Replies

I hate money!! I'm screwed!!

So, r things tight money wise for other people or is it just me and my family?

Is my family the only one that feels like they are on a sinking financial ship? 

I feel like I'm constantly wondering where my rents going to come from, how my electric bills gonna get paid or most importantly how am I going to feed my family. 

Do you have a budget?? Do u stick to it?? 

It sucks we have 26 bucks til pay day which Is next Tuesday.. And still have diapers and gas to buy!! I'm not gonna make it!!

how much money of you have left til payday?? Do u have to buy anything important?? 

by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Before i had kids i was like that. I remember trying to figure out everything i was going to eat that week and ration things out so the food would last.
I walked to work and just made do. I definitely would not want kids in that lifestyle.
Now i always have some money. I have a savings account that has built up in the last 15 years or so. I put about $600 a month in it plus my tax returns and any other unexpected money.
If things are that tight its time to really make a plan. Do you make enough money to cover everything? You need to have money left over for things like clothes, treats, unexpected things... It may be time to work 2nd jobs or find a cheaper place to live.
Mommylovesdada
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 7:54 PM
I was wondering where you went, I thought maybe you had that baby. :)

we used to be like that but it was BC we were dumb and bought everything on credit. Dh and I were both working and money was still tight. Since paying off debt, though, I have quit working and we live comfortably. Are there any non essentials you can cut for a while?

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Before i had kids i was like that. I remember trying to figure out everything i was going to eat that week and ration things out so the food would last.

I walked to work and just made do. I definitely would not want kids in that lifestyle.

Now i always have some money. I have a savings account that has built up in the last 15 years or so. I put about $600 a month in it plus my tax returns and any other unexpected money.

If things are that tight its time to really make a plan. Do you make enough money to cover everything? You need to have money left over for things like clothes, treats, unexpected things... It may be time to work 2nd jobs or find a cheaper place to live.

MunchiesMom324
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 7:55 PM
We are going to be in a bind after next week. Dh has a work related injury and decided to take his week of paid vacation for his surgery so we would at least have that check before workers comp sets in. So, his last full paycheck is next week, and then we get to wait until the 20 before he gets WC.

Things were tight before...
crazymomma87
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 7:58 PM
That's how it is for us too. We just got all the bills paid but are going to have to pay rent late (it was due on the first). We don't currently have a budget;we always say we need to make one but it's hard to do when you're already behind/caught in the middle.
connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:00 PM

BUMP!

NDADanceMom
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Not yet :/ Another week or 2 is my guess. I was bouncing on a yoga ball to try to shake it out earlier lol.

Quoting Mommylovesdada:

we used to be like that but it was BC we were dumb and bought everything on credit. Dh and I were both working and money was still tight. Since paying off debt, though, I have quit working and we live comfortably. Are there any non essentials you can cut for a while?

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Mommylovesdada
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Lol that's such an exciting time! But also stressful BC you want to have everything in order before baby gets here!

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Not yet :/ Another week or 2 is my guess. I was bouncing on a yoga ball to try to shake it out earlier lol.

Quoting Mommylovesdada:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:10 PM

BUMP!

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:13 PM
We are very tight right now too, not just u. We have 200$ to last till the 17th and a family of 6 tovfeed with bear cupboards and games to uttend that are n hour away.
connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:53 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN