Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

where did you meet your SO?? piog

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:04 PM
  • 81 Replies
I'm a single mom of 2 beautiful kids who are me world. I also just got out of a bad relationship and I'm taking time for me and my kids right now. I'm no where near being ready for a relationship right now but when the time comes that I'm ready to get out there again I have no clue where to start. I'm a very shy person and have a hard time approaching people and its always been hard for me to meet people. Any advice or suggestions would be great thanks.

How long have you been with your SO and where did you guys meet??
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I've known my husband for 18 years and we have been married for 10. we met in high school but we were just friends for 8 year... actually we never dated...he just proposed on day, out of the blue. I highly recommend marrying your friend...

newbienurse
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:10 PM

2 and 1/2 years. High school sweethearts :)

robbinsroost
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Together 12 years and married almosrt 10 years. We met in college through a mutual friend.

Zazayam
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I met mine through some random game we both played online. He was a jerk and kept killing me, lol. I got his AIM from a friend of a friend and asked him wtf his problem with and we just sort of never stopped talking. Turned out we lived pretty close and things just developed from there.

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 11:26 PM
12th grade high school and we have been married for will be 13 year may 19th of next year!!!!!
Skittles1988
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:08 AM
My husband and I met in college. It was a random moment in the campus cafeteria. It was my first week and first or second day on my new job, flipping burgers. It was his first week as well. I was being extra nice to the foreign kids because I figured that if I was inwardly panicked about being so far from home, I couldn't imagine how lonely they probably felt. I'd always been painfully shy myself as a kid, so I'd decided to be outgoing in college. My husband came through my line, I offered him a burger since we were out and I was pulling some fresh ones up. He looked at me, and swears that he felt a ringing in his head and his heart started to beat faster, and in that moment, knew I was the one for him. We've been together for roughly 6 years, married almost 5 years. I'd just gotten out of a very abusive relationship myself, literally 3 months before we saw one another. I was dating around, getting a feel for my freedom, but wasn't ready for anything committed. It took him another few months to work up the nerve to talk to me, since he's from overseas and I was always with a group of people, lol. Great places to meet people can be anyway. Your local library, a campus somewhere, flea markets, free classes, places you volunteer at. There are so many places you can go and find people. Perhaps, when you feel ready, you can look into a few hobbies for yourself and make some new friends, and they may know someone who would be worth you looking into. I'm not an expert, but plenty of my friends have met their SO's through college, hobby classes, concerts, museums, art exhibits etc. Find what interests you, enjoy yourself, and perhaps along the way of growing as a person and healing from the bad past, you'll also find a brilliant future :)
lesalmi
by Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:12 AM
We actually met thru an Exboyfriend of mine.

His cousin and my Ex were friends and stopped by the house one day while I was there. We got along great and started talking and hanging out, he then dated a friend of mine from highschool so we doubled. Well obviously Ex and I spilt and my friend cheated and broke up with him. He invited me to boo at the zoo with him and his kids, that was in 2007 been together ever since.
MrsLuciano02
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:29 AM

I was with someone for 8 years before I met my DH. I wasn't ready to start anything so I joined this website called Fubar (its like an online bar/adult social site) I was just on it to have some fun. I "met" my DH on 7/25/10 and we just clicked and so we started an online relationship and on 1/14/11 we met in person (he was in PR visiting his mom and it was the best time to meet) and we just fell even more in love so on 2/14/11 we eloped in Reno NV and have been happy ever since and we are cuurently TTC#1

Twin2Walker
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:29 AM

I've know dh for 8 years and we have been married 3. We met through my dad and his brother. We hated each other at first but eventually we got over it and we are practically inseperable now! :)

taKENheart
by Flovely on Nov. 5, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I actually met my 2nd dh at the meat market, lol.  That was over 16yrs ago and we've been married 15yrs.  I know that's not the best answer/advice for you but that's my story.
I wish you luck ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)