Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I have figured it out!!!

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:57 AM
  • 7 Replies

In today's society we are all encouraged to go to school, go to college, get a job, get a house and to get a spouse. But after that what do we do? What are we working to set ourselves up for? What is the meaning of all of this? I have come to the realization that everything that I do now is for my kids. What will I do after my kids are grown? I have no idea... But the thing that we all strive for in any age is to be wanted. We want to feel like we matter. It is a journey we all must take. You will find good people and bad, but it's all about how you handle yourself in different situations. With each situation comes a new experience. you learn to "listen". you learn to "see", you learn to "feel". With each passing day you become wiser. You go through each day sorting and deciding what is good for you and what isn't. You only live once. Try to limit your regrets. At the end of the day you want to look back and say "that was one hell of a ride!"

by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:07 AM
1 mom liked this

After dd is grown up and on her own, I hope to be a mentor towards other moms who are starting out or a mentor to children who do not have positive people in their life.  I am hoping i can be as active as my great aunt was in her 80s until she had a debilitating disease hit her.

hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You. Join our Friendly/Supportive :)
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Life is a journey,
After the kids are grown it's time to do whatever you want ;)

tardiskitty
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
We plan on traveling all over the world, taking a few more classes in painting, lying in my hammock with a book and wine for hours on end, dancing around the house while cleaning totally nude and lots and lots of sex with my hubby all over the house. The possibilities are endless!
Aliceinwildland
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:13 PM

lol

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:25 AM
Life is one crazy ride for sure!Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy myself when my kids are grown up
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:26 AM
That sounds wonderful! Lol

Quoting tardiskitty:

We plan on traveling all over the world, taking a few more classes in painting, lying in my hammock with a book and wine for hours on end, dancing around the house while cleaning totally nude and lots and lots of sex with my hubby all over the house. The possibilities are endless!
trainlady
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I think you have hit the nail on the head with your summations. Good for you for figuring it out. I hope a lot more people learn this lesson so that they can go on through life and enjoy everyday of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN