Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

my husband seems disinterested

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:20 AM
  • 13 Replies
I can't seem to understand this man. He is always gone,but when I ask him to take me out he says no. I don't drive so I usually just stay home. I mean 24/7 I always do everything from bring his meal to him to getting his clothes ready for a shower. On top of that I have to hear his mom constantly butting into my parenting. I am actually divorced from him,but like a love sick dummy I came back to all this. Are there good guys out there? Should I just walk away for good.
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Nov. 5, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Why did you divorce him to start with? It sounds like maybe it was this same kind of thing? If so, it's clear he's not going to change and, yes, there are good guys out there, but it doesn't sound like he's one of them? I think you have to ask yourself if you're happy with things as they are, what you want out of life, out of a relationship, and go from there.

raigp36
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:30 PM
I know I want more. I also know he is and always has been the one constant in my life. He is my best friend I wish it could be he was my heart and soul too.
fudgybuddymom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM

If I was divorced from this man I would stay divorced & away from him. It doesn't sound like he will ever change! Why should he? You do everything for him! Get with it girl & leave there are better guys out there but you'll never find out if you hang out with this guy!

raigp36
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 4:31 PM
He has custody. I was diagnosed with hepatitis c last year. I gave custody when I don't live with him I don't get to see my son. I know I'm making excuses I just am not willing to part with my kid. His dad doesn't know how to deal with him. His mom usually takes over when I left the first time.
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Quoting raigp36:

He has custody. I was diagnosed with hepatitis c last year. I gave custody when I don't live with him I don't get to see my son. I know I'm making excuses I just am not willing to part with my kid. His dad doesn't know how to deal with him. His mom usually takes over when I left the first time.

Can you get custody back?
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:33 AM
I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. I hope you can get custody back of your son so you can leave him. It doesn't sound like he's willing to change. Can you talk to him about how your relationship is?
raigp36
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:12 AM
I try till I'm blue. He don't think he is doing anything. I tell him on a daily basis. I can't say I don't love him. He has stood by me through some real tough times. He has always been there even when my whole family turned on me.
raigp36
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:17 AM
I can't get custody back. When we divorced I was with someone else. My SO and I had decided to not divorce because we couldn't afford it,but the whole time he was two facing it. See my son being disabled made his mom act like she is mom instead of grandma's www. The guy I was with wasn't working he was on his turn around. When I went to court I lost it. I went home and decided to end my life. The courts believe I am not mentally stable. She used my background to sway the judge. If he could push her out we could probably make it. She interferes, fight to keep control. She makes me mad and I jump down his throat so he leaves . How do I get her out of our lives.
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:22 AM

There are good guys out there!

But none of them are going to give you the time of day if you're so hung up on the ex. Get rid of him! And go enjoy yourself!!

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:23 AM

You can and should fight for at least supervised visits for now. If it's court ordered, he has to abide.

Quoting raigp36:

I can't get custody back. When we divorced I was with someone else. My SO and I had decided to not divorce because we couldn't afford it,but the whole time he was two facing it. See my son being disabled made his mom act like she is mom instead of grandma's www. The guy I was with wasn't working he was on his turn around. When I went to court I lost it. I went home and decided to end my life. The courts believe I am not mentally stable. She used my background to sway the judge. If he could push her out we could probably make it. She interferes, fight to keep control. She makes me mad and I jump down his throat so he leaves . How do I get her out of our lives.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN