Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So emotional!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:50 PM
  • 16 Replies

Ugh I hate holidays and I hate even more been so dang far away from my friends n family. I am so emotional. It don't help I sit home all day long by msyelf untill everyone comes home from school and work. I don't know how long I can take this. I am seriously going to burst.

by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momentrepren13
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Hello and I am sorry that you are feeling blue. I can relate to the feeling, I was a military wife and had many holidays away from home. Where do you live? I would suggest to join a group in your town such as church, gym, local mother meet groups.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:18 PM
I have done searches on mom groups in my area and cant find anyone or anything. We live in Oregon my family n friends live in Utah. Idk im at a loss. Im a member at curves but nobody my age or even close goes in at the time i do. Ugh it blows. I cry at the silliest things. You would think i was preg even tho there is no way possible lol

Quoting Momentrepren13:

Hello and I am sorry that you are feeling blue. I can relate to the feeling, I was a military wife and had many holidays away from home. Where do you live? I would suggest to join a group in your town such as church, gym, local mother meet groups.

Momentrepren13
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Awe well don't give up searching for groups. How about skype with your friends and family for the holidays? Maybe pick up a hobbie that would keep you busy during the day while eveyone is out? I did a lot of scrapbooking. I was employeed full time while I was away from home but I still felt lonely if you will.

renee7733
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I can relate...my family and I just moved to katy tx from new braunfels tx...it's not another state thou. No friends or family near by and I'm a sahm as well. When I'm available to talk no one else is so it's boring at times. There is only so much house cleaning and my toddler games I can handle. Grown up conversation is deeply missed!!!!
dingysfamily
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:43 PM

So get off your tush and get out & do something about it!!!  Go make some friends somewhere.  You can't expect everyone to just come to you!  Do you go to church?  That's always a great place to meet people and make friends.  Volunteer at your kids school.  Get a part-time job, even if it's just at a fast food place or a drug store.  And hey, you can choose to be happy!!

dear life,Happiness quote via Comeback Power at www.Facebook.com/CancerDuckIt and www.ComebackPower.com

dingysfamily
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Sorry didn't see this, but keep trying ... don't give up!!!  It will happen. 

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

I have done searches on mom groups in my area and cant find anyone or anything. We live in Oregon my family n friends live in Utah. Idk im at a loss. Im a member at curves but nobody my age or even close goes in at the time i do. Ugh it blows. I cry at the silliest things. You would think i was preg even tho there is no way possible lol

Quoting Momentrepren13:

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 5, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Sorry you're feeling blue. Have you tried to find things to do while your kids are in school and your SO is at work/

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Yea but it's really not the same. Plus I am constantly broke so that don't help matters. Finding fee things in our town is a joke

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Sorry you're feeling blue. Have you tried to find things to do while your kids are in school and your SO is at work/

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:37 PM

I know how you feel. There's really nothing here either, and I do sometimes go stir crazy. But I do have friends I can go visit if I need to get out.

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

Yea but it's really not the same. Plus I am constantly broke so that don't help matters. Finding fee things in our town is a joke

Quoting IncognitoOne:

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I have to people here I consider actual "friends" one home schools her kiddos so she is CONSTANTLY busy and refuses to do anything without them or even her hubby. I have mentioned several times to hang out as even as familys and she has some excuse of why they can't .. The other one is single no hubby and constantly busy with her 2 kiddos. IDK I am venting I am sorry but I couldn't go there on FB needed someone to talk to or vent to I just hate it. :(

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I know how you feel. There's really nothing here either, and I do sometimes go stir crazy. But I do have friends I can go visit if I need to get out.

Quoting DallasCowboys81:

Quoting IncognitoOne:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN