Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What could this be?

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM
  • 10 Replies

Mobile Photo

Yesterday I had to pick my son up from daycare because they thought he had chicken poxs. Dr confirmed it wasn't those & said it was a rash caused by the flu, however he has just woken up and there is more on his stomach.
Any ideas?
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Courtney922
by Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Bump
nikkikry
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Wish I knew. Did the ones you showed your doctor look like this?

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Is he taking any kind of new medicine?
pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I'm thinking hives. Could this be from an allergic reaction to something?  That this did not come from the flue or other sick.

hemanclub
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Looks like hives to me.  That's what my son looked like when he was given penicillin.  Was he given any meds or did he eat something different?

jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Looks like hives. Have you used new diapers, lotions, soaps, introduced new foods, animals?
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:30 PM
That is definitely not chicken pox. It looks like hives. What new things has he been exposed to lately? Food? Laundry detergent? Medicine? Anything?
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Wow that looks angry. hives I agree. but it also kind of looks like hoof and mouth. is there anything on his hands or feet ?
Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Looks like hives!  Definitely figure out what he is reacting to and give him some benadryl if he can have it.

jconney80
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:20 AM
Those look like really bad hives! Do they go away? I don't know what hand, for, and mouth looks like but that isn't from the flu. If that is an allergic reaction it is a very bad one. He needs to see an allergist ASAP. He could possibly have anaphylaxis reaction mercy time to whatever it is. I have two kids with severe allergies and require Epipens
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)