Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My DH is lying to me (UPDATE & asking for more advice)

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:48 PM
  • 23 Replies

DH and I have been together for ten years, however, we've been married for almost five months. He recently got paid from his job and went to Game Stop to get two games that were "pre-ordered". Turns out they were not pre ordered and he ended up spending $132 as they were $60 each. I found out by going on our bank website to see how much money was left to pay bills and that was one of the transactions I found. Then I just went on the site again to again see how much money we had left and to see if DH put any money in the bank, he did, but spent $50 on an ottoman and told me it was only $20. Idk how to take this. He has never lied to me about how much something has cost in the past. Idk if it has something to do with my mother being here and he didn't want her to know. It makes me feel uneasy. I am planning on talking to him tonight. 

How would you react to this? And please no bashing. I am not looking to be put down, just looking for advice. TYIA!

So it turns out that he never had the games preordered. I also found out that he borrowed $200 from a coworker so he could buy another game that he supposedly had preordered. I am beyond heated right now. I am about to give birth to our son and not only is he blowing his money on video games but now he is asking coworkers for money so he can get another one? Am I missing something here? I honestly think he has an addiction. I understand that these new games came out and he wants them, that's all fine and dandy. What's not is that we now have very little in the bank and I now need to see a doctor, pay for a co pay and a prescription as well as put gas in the car and can't do that with the amount of money we have left. Please again no bashing. I am looking for advice.

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Erica705
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:49 PM
I honestly have no idea. I guess I'd just say 'I looked at our bank account. It isn't adding up. Can you explain this to me?'
catrig
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd talk to him about it. Say that you noticed when you went to pay bills and you were wondering.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mellienium
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:51 PM

aww i'm sorry to hear that.  I would definitely talk to him and just let him know that there isn't any reason to lie to you.

If that were my DH, I'd be a little upset that he lied to me, but I'd be even more confused as to why he would lie to me about something so trivial.

1st_time_mom789
by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Thank you ladies. I definitely do not want to argue with DH over this. I'm hoping we can just talk about it like adults should. 

IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:26 AM

That would drive me crazy.

I have I DH bring me his receipts, to avoid him forgetting how much something was.sometimes he does forget, but he's never lied about it.

alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:33 AM

ohh i dont like lying..i would just ask him why he feels the need to lie about it...clearly you have access, so you can see where the money gets spent..so why lie about it..

daughteroftruth
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:42 AM

I would just talk to him. 

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:47 AM
I would just ask him why it isn't adding up. Hopefully he will have a good reason =(
TheDrsRose
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:48 AM
Since when do pre-orders cost less? I've been buying games at midnight releases and months ahead of time for years.. So how do you know that's a lie? And I mean,is 30$ really something you think you should worry about? Just ask him in private ,"Hey,I saw the ottoman was 50? Thought you said it was 20?" And see what he says maybe??
a5mcfarland
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:27 AM
I was just going to point out that pre ordered games don't cost less. Preordered just means you put 5 down to hold a copy of the game for you on release day. Also if the ottoman was bought along with other things it could have cost only 20. He may not be lying. He just maybe didn't tell about everything he bought when he got the ottoman

Quoting TheDrsRose:

Since when do pre-orders cost less? I've been buying games at midnight releases and months ahead of time for years.. So how do you know that's a lie? And I mean,is 30$ really something you think you should worry about? Just ask him in private ,"Hey,I saw the ottoman was 50? Thought you said it was 20?" And see what he says maybe??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN