Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you see my hair? Anywhere?

Posted by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:42 PM
  • 12 Replies

simple frown I'm not sure what else to do. Her doctor thought it was acid reflux/ Gerd. He gave her Prevacid twice a daily. She's fine taking it, however, she still wakes at night complaining of stomach hurting.She also wets the bed,and has been night sweating.However, she only throws up at night. She isn't going to bed right after dinner either. She wakes up whines or and coughs like  she is choking. Then she may vomit  two ,three times then whine , runny nose,watery eyes,with red cheeks. She brushes her teeth and back to bed, without further incident , and just fine the next morning. Recently , she had a seizure. Waiting on testing still.

What to do ? She's already lactose intolerant, and we've elimated processed meat ( per doctors orders).and gain 4 1/2 pound in 6 weeks, and she's constantly thirsty, hungry and in the bathroom. Very active little girl. Anyone else in this same boat.  Doctor still pretty much refuses to do anything. We've changed doctors, but new one agrees with her old doctor.

She's five today. She has been checked for diabetes,and thyroid. Both come back normal. We have been told to eliminate hot dogs and sandwhich meat. Because there for a while she was getting sick when she had those, especially hotdogs. Haven't been check for any kind of allergies,or gluten. I'm just at my wits end, when doctors are looking at me like I'm crazy. I'll be happy to answer anything. If I have forgotten to answer your question let me know.

by on Nov. 5, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Is she having an allergic reaction to something? Gluten, dairy? Has she been tested for any? Id take her back and demand testing be done. Good luck!
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa :) on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:09 AM

then i would go and get a 3rd opinion..and demand some more testing to be done. 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Sorry for my lack of knowledge but how old is she?   The thirst/hunger/bathroom sounds like diabetes possibly and if she has lost weight that is another sign.  What sorts of processed meats did you eliminate?

jconney80
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:16 AM
Have they checked for thyroid problems? I'm sorry you're going through this. You need a Dr that will listen to you. I'd cut out grains and gluten. If she's having seizures it would help to do that anyways.
imandia4
by Platinum Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:19 AM

I am confused about the hair thing. I am sorry you are going through this. Yes the Thyroid has crazy syptomes when acting up.

jconney80
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 3:26 AM
Yeah the night sweats and excessive thirst could indicate thyroid problems

Quoting imandia4:

I am confused about the hair thing. I am sorry you are going through this. Yes the Thyroid has crazy syptomes when acting up.

mama-mom-mommy
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Gluten?
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I'm sorry mama. I have no experience with this. My youngest son would do similar, scream of either a headache or stomachache until he vomitted, and then he was fine after. After EEGs and MRIs, we determined the headaches were migraines. After an x-ray, the stomach pains were because of being VERY constipated (even though he was using the bathroom). He's been fine since we figured that out.

BlueSparrow
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I was going to say this. I have a thyriod problem,and a side effect is all that plus it does cause hair loss.

Quoting jconney80:

Yeah the night sweats and excessive thirst could indicate thyroid problems

Quoting imandia4:

Mel0dy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I think she means shes ripping it out 

Quoting imandia4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)