Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why is my daughter like this?

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:03 PM
  • 8 Replies
Okay so my daughter is a year and a half now, her dad has been in and out of her life since birth and honestly she really doesn't like him and never has and actually it's his whole family, she doesn't really like any of them she will cry with them all, any time he comes around she will cry and hold onto me and won't let me put her down, but I have been dating this guy for a while now and he met my daughter the other day and she instantly took to him and his dad and grandpa and I was so surprised! Why can't she do that with her own dad?
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
gingermommy86
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
They can sense what people really are.. and also the can sense tension! Like if you really dont like someone they can feel it off you! Plus around that age my dd was super clingy and didnt like people at all... when my father in law passed away and we were living with mother in law.. and there were extra people there and everyone was sad.. dd didnt eat for 3 days... she could just tell something wasnt right..
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Children have a 7th sense about them..  She could feel something that is not good about him or his family.   It could also be the new guy has a easier manner about him.

hugss
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I agree with the others,
They just know :)

KenneMaw
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I bet she senses all of the tension when the other parent and his family are around.  I think it is ok for babies to be naturally shy at 18 months.  However, if she senses that your aren't happy or are tense, that will make her the same way.   If bio dad is awkward holding her, she will sense that too.  the only solution is for her to spend more time with them, if you want tthis to improve.  Sorry.

mjjmomma0834
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:08 PM
There is no tension between any of us we are all okay with each other and I try to make it fun for her every time she sees him but it's getting worse now, and it's literally just with them, she is not a shy baby at all and never has been...she was doing pretty good a couple months ago and it seems this past month it's gotten way worse, she will scream now as soon as we get to his house or as soon as she sees him or his gf she will start screaming and it makes me feel so horrible not just for her but for him as well because I know it has to make him feel bad!
IncognitoOne
by Angela-Marie on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Babies have quirks. She's just not comfortable with them for some reason...

Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:20 PM

It is very likely that she senses tension and that is triggering the crying episodes

GaMommy2013
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 1:28 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth!!! I totally agree!. 

Quoting gingermommy86:

They can sense what people really are.. and also the can sense tension! Like if you really dont like someone they can feel it off you! Plus around that age my dd was super clingy and didnt like people at all... when my father in law passed away and we were living with mother in law.. and there were extra people there and everyone was sad.. dd didnt eat for 3 days... she could just tell something wasnt right..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)